.:2:.

He stared at himself, frozen. Paralyzed. He was dead. How could he be dead?

Paramedics loaded the body into an ambulance and got in, shutting the doors. The ambulance drove away, and he watched it leave. He couldn't move. He felt numb. He only came back to reality when he heard someone whimper, "Why...?"

He looked behind him and saw that it was Michael. He'd raised his head enough to stare at his feet. He looked absolutely broken. It was enough to make Jeremy sob. Michael took in a breath and said again, louder this time, "Why?" His parents looked at him. "Why did you do it, Jeremy?"

"Why did I--? I didn't do anything!" Jeremy said.

"Why did you do it?!" Michael said again, voice rising. "Why'd you jump?!"

"I-I didn't jump! I was pushed, I swear!" Jeremy yelled at him, desperate to be heard.

Michael had a full on breakdown right then and there. He was sobbing loudly, gripping at his hair, clawing at his face, screaming, "How could you do this to me, dammit?! Why didn't you come to me?!"

His parents fell to their knees beside him, trying to calm him down. He wouldn't listen. He refused to stop, pushing them away every time they got close. Jeremy ran over to him and tried to cup Michael's face in his hands, but his hands went through him. Jeremy pulled back, heart breaking at the sight of Michael in such an awful state. Michael stood and marched right through Jeremy, pulling his hood over his head.

Jeremy stood up, looking after him. "Michael, come back! I-- I'm so sorry, please, come back!!"

"He can't hear you."

Jeremy spun around, seeing a girl. She had soft red hair and eyes that could have been brown, but the color was faded. She looked at him softly. He was surprised to find someone who could see him, but then he saw that she had a hole in her neck. She was another ghost.

"I've realized that, thanks." Jeremy said bitterly.

It didn't seem to affect her. "Did you really jump?"

"No. I didn't jump. I was pushed."

The girl's eyes flickered to his chest. "Whoever pushed you had good aim."

Jeremy looked down. There was a hole in his chest, directly above his heart, and his shirt was soaked with blood. The color, however, was starting to fade, as if the blood itself was disappearing. Jeremy looked back at the girl. "Who are you?"

"Selena," She said. "Brunsworth."

"Selena?" He asked, the name sounding familiar. He paused, then said, "You were in your senior year last year. You killed yourself."

She nodded. "Sad but true. Although, now that it's happened, I can't say it helped much. Now I'm just as invisible as I felt."

He hummed. "Tragic."

She chuckled and turned to Mr. Heere. "Is that your dad?"

Jeremy looked at him and nodded. "Yeah."

"Where's your mom?"

"Hell if I know."

She approached Jeremy's dad and looked at him for a moment. She seemed to be studying his features, eyes sad as she looked at him. She then turned to Michael's parents and sat on her knees next to them. There were huddled together against the cruiser, directly where Michael had been. Selena reached up and brushed Mrs. Mell's hair behind her ear. She apparently had assumed it was her husband who had done that, and leaned closer into him.

Selena smiled sympathetically and stood to look back at Jeremy. "Who was that boy?"

Jeremy hugged himself. "My best friend."