.:12:.

Michael and Jeremy went back to Jeremy's house, after realizing that Mr. Heere probably thought Jeremy was dead.

They walked in, and almost immediately, Jeremy's dad ran into the living room from the kitchen and enveloped his son in a tight hug. Jeremy hugged him back, and they stayed like that, Michael watching with a soft smile.

Mr. Heere pulled away and put his hands on the sides of Jeremy's face, tears leaking into his beard. "Jeremy, what happened? You were dead! And then Michael died, and now we're back to Halloween?"

"It's... A long story. I'm sorry.." Jeremy frowned.

Mr. Heere smiled at him. "I'm just so glad you're okay."

The door slammed open. The three jumped, looking over at the door, wondering who had just burst in.

Jeremy and Michael smiled, seeing all their friends there, Rich being in the lead. Rich ran over and hugged Jeremy. "I'm sorry! I don't know what the fuck happened, but it was all my fault, I'm so sorry!"

"Rich it's-- it's okay. You didn't do anything." Jeremy chuckled and hugged him back.

Everyone else ran inside and drowned Jeremy in a group hug. Christine and Rich were hugging him the tightest. Chloe took Mr. Heere's hand and pulled him into the hug. Jeremy did the same for Michael.

They all pulled back after maybe five minutes of just hugging and silent crying. They all pulled back, ordering Jeremy to explain. He did, with the help of Michael and Christine. Everyone was stunned by the time they had finished.

Rich spoke up quietly. "What... What is it like? To die?"

Jeremy and Michael glanced at each other sadly, then looked back at him, and Jeremy said, "Awful. If you come back as a ghost, you wake up not knowing what happened or if you had survived. And if you don't come back..." He looked over at Michael, who shrugged.

"We don't know."

They were all silent for a bit, until Brooke said, "So, he's still out there? He still wants you dead?"

Jeremy nodded.

"Well we gotta stop him!" Christine chirped, and everyone agreed enthusiastically.

"How though?" Michael asked. "We don't know where he is. He knows that he can't push Jeremy off of a bridge again, and we don't know when he'll try and kill him."

Mr. Heere listened intently, highly cautious and worried at the fact that someone was out to kill his son. He tepped forwards and spoke up. "We need to try and have someone with him when he leaves ours or Michael's house. When we can't, put a camera on him. If he's trying a similar strategy, he'll try to kill him tonight." He looked at Jeremy, expression stern, yet caring. "You need to be extra careful. Don't let your guard down until we catch him... I don't think any of us want to lose you again."

Everyone watched him, nodding when he'd finished talking. Jeremy paused for a moment. He knew his friends cared about him, but still. The effort they were putting into his protection was... new. He didn't know what to say. So he looked at his dad and nodded firmly.

Mr. Heere hugged him again.

"Um," Jeremy said, voice a bit small. "Do you still want me to go to that Halloween event?"

"Hell no." Mr. Heere said. "You stay here, or you stay at Michael's. We can't risk anything."

Jeremy nodded and looked at the others, scattered looks of encouragement and care here and there. "Uh, so... If I have to stay here tonight... Can they stay too?" He looked up at his dad hopefully.

Mr. Heere looked at them and thought for a moment. "Well... There is safety in numbers."

They all smiled, calls of excitement and agreement erupting from the teens. Mr. Heere smiled and nodded, "Yes, yes... You don't have to stay here all day. You can go out, but," Mr. Heere interrupted Jeremy's little celebration. "Don't go anywhere alone."

Jeremy nodded. "Deal!"

Mr. Heere ruffled his hair and went out to his car. He still had to go to work.

They all glanced at each other. Jeremy smiled. "So," He said. "What are we doing?"

Question Completed. New Quest: Survive