Epilogue

Casey

ONE MONTH LATER

"You can't be serious," I muttered in disbelief to Nancy, holding the small wrapped box in the palm of my hand. "Steve really bought Jonathan a new camera?"

"Surprisingly," She snorted. "I didn't think he even remembered destroying the camera, but he said he felt bad and wanted to make it up to him."

My eyebrows raised slightly in shock and I handed the present back to her. "Holy shit,"

"Casey! Will! Jonathan is here to pick you two up!" Karen Wheeler then shouted from downstairs.

I sighed, glancing back to Nancy. "Well, I guess that's my cue. Thanks again for the necklace," I told her, reaching up to clasp the silver heart that she had given me between my fingers. "It was such a cute idea. I think Riley will really like hers, too."

"You think so?" She asked, reaching up to play with hers as well. "I don't know, I just wanted something that would help create, like a pack between the four of us, you know? You, me, Riley and Barb."

I reached over, resting my hand on her shoulder, giving it a squeeze. "It was a brilliant idea, Nance. I love it." She smiled in response.

"Oh, Caseyyy!" I then heard Jonathan's voice call up the stairs. "Are you gonna come down or what? I have your present!"

"Oh my gosh, you better get your ass going!" Nancy scolded me, playfully.

I chuckled, standing up from her bed. "Yeah, I should. See ya later, Nancy. Love ya!" I called over my shoulder as I exited the room.

"Love ya, too!" She called after me and I smiled.

Jonathan rounded the corner just as I came down the stairs and we both smiled in sync at the sight of each other before I ran down the rest of the stairs and practically threw myself at him. Jonathan laughed and caught me in his arms, not even letting my feet touch the ground as he began to spin me around in circles.

"Ahh! Babe, stop!" I giggled, holding tightly onto his shoulders. 

"Alright, alright," He groaned, loosening his grip on me, setting me back on the ground. 

That was when Mike came running up the basement stairs towards us with a big smile plastered across his face. "Hey, guys! Can Will stay they night tonight? I already asked my mom and she said it was okay with her as long as it was okay with you guys."

I met eyes with Jonathan who had began to look skeptical, shaking his head. "I dunno, babe-"

"Jonathan, we know where he's gonna be," I cut him off, placing a hand on his shoulder. "He'll be with the boys, they'll be alright."

He hesitated before sighing. "If you think it's a good idea, then okay. I trust you." He told me, wrapping his arm around my waist before turning back to Mike. "Tell Will we'll be back tomorrow around 11, alright?"

"Sweet! You guys are the best!" He happily exclaimed before disappearing downstairs again. 

Jonathan then smiled down to me once Mike was gone. "I really hope you know what you're doing."

I scoffed. "Please, it's the eve before Christmas Eve. Let the kid live a little bit and let loose."

"Alright, well, are you ready to go?" He then asked, taking his arm from around my waist to grab his coat off the coat hanger. "Mom's working the night shift tonight and she's got her famous leftover chocolate cake in the fridge with your name on it."