three

-7:55am-
Carter was already seated in his car and I was deciding to sit on the passenger seat, next to him, or in the second row.

It was kinda awkward.

But I ended up sitting on the passenger seat. Maybe this'll be my chance to get closer to him.

Or not.
__________
The first 10 minutes were completely filled with silence. No one said a word.

I mean we're siblings and all that, but our relationship is really awkward. I never liked the awkwardness that we had because that isn't something what siblings should have, right?

Siblings should feel comfortable around each other, but when you never talk or do something together it gets hard to feel comfortable.

I was looking out of the window all the time and saw the trees just flashing by. Carter isn't really the type to drive slow.

The school is quite far away

I thought about that because even with Carter's full speed we weren't there yet. We were driving for 15 minutes.

I'll be late.

___________
-8:15am-

Red light. Exactly what I needed.
Note the sarcasm.

We were waiting and it got more awkward than ever. I knew that he isn't the one to start a conversation and I wanted to break the ice between us.

"S-so,uhm." My voice was high pitched and I also stuttered.

Well done Bella..

I felt my face getting hot out of embarrassment. I really hate these kinds of situations and that's why I get embarrassed so easily. But it was actually worth it cause I could draw his attention on me.

I cleared my throat and started talking.

"Could we hear some music?"

He nodded and turned the radio on.

Oh, wow. Would it hurt you so much just to let out a few words

The song which was currently played on the radio, was from the 90s. I didn't like it one bit and I think Carter neither. He immediately turned off the radio.

"I won't listen to this bullshit."

Yay, he talked

"Yeah, it's really awful." I chuckled, but Carter's face was expressionless and I felt the awkwardness between us again.

Once the traffic light turned green we drove off and the silence took over us.
____________
-8:25 am-

Ugh, where is this school?

As I was looking out of the window, I saw the building of the school.
Finally.

Carter drove right into the parking lot.

Nobody was to be seen and this reassured me.

It isn't like I'm embarrassed about my brother. It's mostly like people get easily intimidated when they see me together with my brothers. This was the biggest reason why people never talked to me on my first days of school.

Such cowards.
_____________
Wait a moment...

THERE IS NOBODY HERE?!?

I looked at the time.

-8:28-

I'M LATE!!!