twenty-six

Scarlett ⬆️

Tony's POV

"Ryan's family name is Smith."

Isabella took one step back.

"W-what do you mean?"
She sounded very irritated and scared due to her quiet tone of voice.

"Ryan Smith. Your brothers may look for th-"

"Stop!"
She cried out which made me flinch.

"Isabella look, all I am trying to say is-"

"Yeah I know what you're trying to say. I know that my brothers are some sick psychopaths. I know you believe that they have something to do with the Smiths. I know it Tony!"

"Isabella..."
I regretted that I mentioned Ryan and his family.

"Now stop it! I don't want to believe it!"
She covered her ears with her hands.

I stood there completely frozen in my place.

The situation was very serious and I didn't know what to do. I am not the type to deal with these personal problems. I just can't comfort people.

I don't know how to.

After only a few seconds, tears were streaming down her face and I panicked.

What to do Tony?!

First I took one step to her and she didn't notice it which was actually good cause I thought that she would ran away if she noticed.

"Isabella."
I called out for her.

She looked at me and my heart just broke at the sight of her. I could clearly see that she felt more than hurt.

I have never empathised with someone in my entire life like this before.

"Maybe...Maybe I am mistaken. There are tons of Smiths in the world and-"
Is eyes but got cut off immediately.

She uncovered her ears and started becoming furious.

"Oh please Tony, don't lie to yourself. Ryan's family run some bad shit and the possibility of my brothers being involved in this is quite high, am I right? I mean, this can't be just a coincidence and you exactly know this!"

I was taken aback.

She was right. These were exactly my thoughts and I couldn't deny them.

"Look now you are quiet because you know that I-I am right!"
Her voice broke down in the end and she started crying really hard.

One thing that I knew for sure was that the streets weren't the best place to talk about that topic.

"Let's go home first."

Isabella hesitated, but then she nodded in agreement.
______________

"Alright, let's start now."
I exclaimed as we entered my room.