The Morning Of

*^They will go into the ghost zone in this one, just be patient. Profanity warning ;)^*

    Tomorrow was the day. The day the world ended... not really. Tomorrow was the day that Danny's homeroom class would take their field trip into the ghost zone. Only two days ago had Maddie and Jack come to his school and announced the 'good' news.

Currently, the trio was sitting on the roof of Fenton Works, talking about there. Danny sat straddling the short brick wall running the perimeter of the roof, leaning back on one arm with his left dangling freely over the edge. Sam sat in the purple lawn chair she'd claimed ages ago, facing the view of the city with one hand clasped in Danny's. Tucker stood next to her, leaning against his crossed arms resting on the wall. The sun was starting to set, bringing the dreadful day closer. Even the serenity of the roof couldn't shake Danny's growing anxiety.

A finch perched a few feet away from them and Danny's phone began to ring, Jazz blinking under the caller ID.

    "It's getting late," she said as he answered, "You guys should come down and get some rest."

    "We'll be down in a sec." Danny answered. "Shall we?" He asked offering a hand to both Sam and Tucker.

    Tucker sighed and nodded, taking his hand with Sam. Danny then turned them all intangible and sank down into his room, returning to tangibility.

    "I need a shower," Tucker announced and headed for the bathroom. "No funny business while I'm gone."

    "You're just jealous that your girlfriend isn't here. Oh wait! You don't have one," Sam sassed.

    "Buuuurrrrnn!" Danny backed, high-fiving Sam. Tucker rolled his eyes and laughed.

    "Whatever guys," he smiled. "Come get me if dinner is here before I'm out."

Sam made herself comfortable at Danny's desk and began pulling out her calculus homework while Danny pulled out his phone. He quickly dialed a number he knew by heart and ordered 5 pizzas.

The setting sun filtered through the dark blue curtains covering the single window in Danny's room, illuminating the potted cactus, named Rex, that a certain vegan had gifted a certain ghost for his birthday. Danny walked over to the plant and lightly misted it with the spray bottle he kept beside it.

"Sammy, do you think something bad is going to happen tomorrow?"

He heard Sam turn in her chair. "Hun, everything is going to go fine. Even if something did happen- and that's a big if- you would take care of it and protect everyone. You're king now. You're allies far outnumber your enemies."

"Okay," Danny could already feel the tension draining from his shoulders at the reassurance. "Thanks," he added bashfully, feeling stupid for being so nervous.

Tucker finished showering a few minutes later and Sam quickly took his place in the bathroom. The remaining boys waited for the pizza to arrive, Tucker pulling out his PDA and Danny remaining at the window to stare off in thought.

The doorbell rang just as Sam stepped out of the bathroom, freshly showered and in skull patterned pajamas. Tucker bolted for the door and returned with five pizza boxes and a triumphant grin.

The three lay on their stomachs on the floor with Sam's laptop open in front of them playing a video. While Sam quietly chewed her vegan pie, Danny and Tucker devoured two meat lover and two hamburger pizzas. By the fourth video, only 3 slices of vegan pie remained.

"B-R-B," Tucker said, taking the empty boxes and leftover downstairs. He returned with an arm full of blankets, which he deposited at the foot of the bed.