Rumors & Interruptions

*^Im sooooooo sorry I haven't updated in so long but school stuff... but hey, I live in Oklahoma and the teachers are doing the 'walkout' so I'll be out of school for a while. Slight profanity warning ⚠️. Also, pic above is similar to what the trio looks like minus the clothing☺️.^*

    "That went well." Tucker said, breaking the silence. 

    The three teens had just walked out of the bus and were waiting for the class to gather their things. Danny stood up and jumped on the hood of the bus, earning some squeals from inside, and climbing to the roof. From his vantage point he could see the small image of Skulker's Island far to their left. Ahead of them was the natural path that would lead to Clockwork's Tower. The slow, green swirling in the 'sky' indicated that it was early afternoon in the human realm. The bus shook slightly as the class left it. Danny jumped down behind them, causing them to turn in surprise.

    "The sun won't be setting for a while in your world which should give us a good four hours or so to get to Clockwork's Tower. It may take us longer if we don't start walking now and take breaks." He started. The way he took charge surprised the class but then again, everything had lately. "Does anyone have any questions?" Danny sighed. No one moved. "Good, let's go."

    The still confused students followed the trio like sheep as they began walking down a natural path. The adults had no choice but to leave the bus behind, no matter how much the thought hurt them. 

    Lancer silently walked, carefully watching the way Sam stood on Danny's right, their pinkies linked together while Tucker lagged slightly at his left. It reminded him of how a knight followed after his king and queen. It was strange learning so many things about his student; he was engaged, had scars and tattoos, and been to the ghost zone on many occasions. Not to mention Sam, who knew how to stitch up a wound. Then, the three began speaking quietly in a strange language, most likely Greek, as they walked. Did he really know these kids or was all he knew lies?

    His other students seemed to be asking themselves the same thing, as they were whispering rumors and gossip;

    "Did you notice how he said your  world? It's his too, so why would he say it like that?"

    "I always knew Manson would get with Fenton, but engaged? That seems... strange,"

    "There is no way that our son has been here before. He's never shown interest in any ghost-related thing,"

    "Can you hear them? They're talking in a strange language,"

    "Is no one going to question that scar on his chest?? The only place there's ever a scar like that is on a corpse!

    "What if he's in a gang or something?"

    "Isn't Danny kind of hot like this? You know all mysterious and stuff,"

    Danny rolled his eyes at that remark, being able to hear everything. Listening to everyone gossip was quite entertaining, that is, until Danny's ghost sense went off. He stopped abruptly causing the class to stumble over one another.

    "What's the hold up?" Someone asked, stopping when Danny held up a hand. A tense silence followed as he glanced around wildly. It wasn't until Danny scoffed and turned to his left, that everyone let out the breath they didn't realize they were holding.

    "Flameface, you are literally the worst at sneaking up on people." Danny directed at thin air.

    "It's not my fault," Ember appeared with her arms crossed, causing a few to scream and squeal "you and your 'ninja skills' aren't fair competition." She scowled.

    "Oh come on, even without them I could find you." Danny argued.

    "You keep telling yourself that, Snowball." She laughed.

    "Wait, are you THE Ember? Like rockstar Ember?" Star cut in. Ember glanced at Danny, her eyes screaming 'what do I do'.

    "Don't look at me, you're the super star here." He held his hands up in surrender.

    "Ummm... no. I'm her dead cousin?" Ember tried.

    "But you look just like her..." Dash observed.

    "Moving on," Danny shoved aside the protests and continued. "What do you want Hotshot?"

    "Fright was told that your frosty ass got stuck in the ghost zone." Ember explained, "He sent me to get you."

    "How dare you speak to my son that way, ghost?!" Maddie exclaimed.

    "Not now, Maddie." Danny sighed, with an 'I'm so done look, "As for you," he turned back to Ember, "Tell Fright that I'm a little preoccupied at the moment and am unable to return to the castle with you. We're heading to Clockwork so if there is any emergency you may see us there." Danny finished using his 'kingly' voice.

    Ember saluted and flew off. There was then a brief moment of silence before Danny was bombarded with questions.

    "What was that about?"

    "Was that really Ember?"

    "How do you know a ghost?"

    "Who's Fright?"

    "What is Clockwork?"

    "How dare she speak to us like that!"

    The questions didn't stop there. Danny groaned and continued walking, trying his best to ignore the interrogation. The class had no choice but to follow, still stumbling over their own questions. Eventually, Tucker had enough of the constant shouting.

    "Shut up! You are all obviously being ignored and there is no point in asking all these questions when you are getting no answers! Now if you'd all just keep your fucking mouths closed and follow silently, I'd be much obliged!" Tucker yelled. Danny held back laughter while Sam dragged Tucker away from the group where he could calm down. No one spoke when Danny started walking again smiling and whispering to Tucker, probably about how amazing and hilarious that was.

    t hadn't even been an hour before the complaining began again.

    "Danny can we stop? I'm exhausted!" Paulina groaned. Danny ignored her. "Hellooooo?? I asked if we could stop!" Paulina continued.

    "I'm not sure you noticed but you're the only one complaining Paulina." Valarie spoke for the first time since leaving the bus. "I'm sure you can last a few more minutes."

    "Well unlike you, I value my beautiful legs and they should rest so-"

    "If I carry you will you shut up?" Danny interrupted. Paulina nodded, a smirk pulling at her lips. "Then I'll carry you, but you have to promise to stop complaining." 

    He sighed when Paulina pranced over and jumped into his arms. Sam glared at Danny. " θα προτιμούσα να την αφήσω να παραπονείται για το υπόλοιπο της διαδρομής?" (Would you rather me let her complain the rest of the way?) He asked in Greek.

    "Υποθέτω όχι." (I suppose not.) Sam gave in. So they continued walking, Paulina being carried bridal style.

    Clocktower was nearly in view when their journey was interrupted once again.

    "Bringing humans into the ghost zone, Punk? That's against the rules."

    Then, for the second time, everything went black.

*^1191 words. Cliffhanger>:) I'm sure you have no clue who it is. Once again I'm sorry about not updating and I'll try to do so more often. Bye Penguins😘!^*