Not All Heros are Perfect

*^...hi...^*

    Danny slowing blinked open his eyes, groaning. He was in his guest chambers at Dora's castle. Sam wasn't beside him and the room was empty. It wasn't unusual for his partner to crawl away in the early hours while Danny slept late into the afternoon, but he knew she would never do something like that with their senior class parading the castle. The large window on the west wall allowed a soft green light, showing it was midday. The group was scheduled to leave earlier that morning. Sam would never let him over sleep when there was somewhere to be. So where is she? Strange.

    He attempted to sit up, not before grimacing in discomfort. The all too well known pain had returned to torment him. His shoulder pulsed with blood, blood that looked black within his veins. Black dots danced around the room, threatening to blind him.

    'What is happening?!' Danny thought, shaking his head in an attempt to clear it. It was not long before realizing he was in human form. 'Shit!' His brain screamed. 'How long have I been out??'

    The castle nurses had informed Danny, profoundly, to stay in his ghost form. If he had transformed in his sleep he was screwed. Yes, sleeping as a ghost was difficult but, the young king had done it many times before. His only forceful transformations were if he was knocked unconscious. Again he wondered the time. The longer he was out the closer he was to dying. All the way dying. Probably not the best way to die, by poison. Slowly losing your strength, your brain becoming unfocused. He shuddered at the thought.

    'Why didn't Sam wake me up??' Danny wondered. His girlfriend was more concerned about his health than he was. Then again, she was nowhere in sight.

    Without sparing a second though, and without a moment to lose, the concerning teen called on the familiar transformation. The bright rings appeared around his waist, then flickered, before finally blinking out of existence. 'The fuck...??' 

    Again, the halfa attempted to 'go ghost'. The result was a relief. The glowing halos traveled up and around his body. Instantly, the pulsing in his shoulders stopped and the black dots slowly, but surely faded away.

    Now being away from the concern of dying, Danny gracefully rolled from the bed and floated down a crooked path to the mirror in the corner of the room. His full body reflection was the same as always.

    He stood in only his soft, black pajama shorts, their white strings hanging loosely from the waistband. His plentiful scars gleamed silver from the dull light in the ceiling. You'd think that seeing a vivisection scar laced across your torso would catch your attention, but no, what caught the ghost attention were the thin strips shaved on the side of his head. 

    Just at the base of his skull, was a small set of stitches. He immediately recognized them to be of Sam's handiwork. 'When the hell did I get hit in the head?!!'

     Even more intriguing was the rest of his hair. Granted, he had been needing a haircut for quite some time, but he had imagined that he would at least be conscious throughout the process. In an attempt to make the patch of skin holding the scars less noticeable, the rest of the hair around his skull had been cut short. A top his head sat his white hair, standing straight in a mess of bed head. Just above his left ear were three stripes shaved into his hair. To be honest the hairstyle wasn't bad.

    More confused than ever, the halfa turned 'invisitange' (invisible and intangible) and flew out of the room. Eventually, what he sought came into view. 

    Sam sat in the counseling chamber, at the head of the round table in his seat. To his growing concern, Tucker and Fright Knight sat around the table with her. Neither of his friends were fully dressed, sitting in sleeping gowns and sleepwear- well except Fright but he never takes his armor off- which meant the meeting was called in a hurry. Something must be wrong.