Part 4: An Angel's Bullet

You and Chelsea eventually hide in an alley, the hunter looks for anyone following you.

Y/N: Chelsea, why are we being chased?

Chelsea: Angels aren't biased on what demons they hunt. Either rogue or not, they don't care.

Y/N: So that's why she's after you?

Chelsea: She's more than likely after you too.

Y/N: Because of our contract?

Chelsea: Now you're learning. But how is she here? Angels need to form their own pacts with mortals to hunt in the human world as well...

Chelsea moves as another bullet flies past her, hitting a wall.

Girl: I know you're there. Come out and accept death.

Y/N: Let me try talking to her.

You slowly step out with your hands up.

Y/N: Take it easy. I just want to talk.

The girl keeps her gun focused on you.

Y/N: Let's try to get to know each other. I'm Y/N.

Marie: Marie is my name... Now explain why you're here with that demon.

Y/N: We accidentally formed a contract.

Marie: All the more reason to kill her. If your contract is truly accidental, I shall kill her to free you from her sins.

Y/N: Wait. She saved my life. Can't you just turn a blind eye on this case?

Marie looks ready to shoot you but she looks away as if being spoken to.

Marie: Are you sure, Sir? ... Very well.

Her gun vanishes and she looks at you.

Marie: You get to live. For now. But one day, that monster will die.

She vanishes in a cloud of feathers.

Chelsea: Holy crap that was close...

Y/N: Why did she leave?

Chelsea: Her pact partner probably called her off. Angels tend to be loyal to those they make pacts with.

Meanwhile.

Marie returns to a large cathedral where several cloaked figures sit in the audience and a man with gold trim on his cloak with a monocle, greased back hair, and a glove on his left hand, looks out to his comrades.

Man: My fellow followers of the Lord, Thanks to your generous donations, we are even closer to completing the ultimate demon destroying weapon!

The cloaked figures clap in approval.

Man: However, none of this would be possible if the Lord never blessed me with the Vision.

He sees Marie and grins.

Man: Ah, Marie. My beloved assistant. I'm glad you joined us. I wish for you to stay here while our prototype goes after that demon to test itself.

Marie seems against the idea but nods.

Marie: Very well, Father Harrison.

Harrison presses a button on his podium and a mechanical creature comes up out of a hidden door.

Harrison: My fellow members of the church! This is only the beginning! Once the Project is fully operational, we shall bring it the the gates of Hell itself as we finish off the demons, once and for ALL!!!

Marie stares at the robot in disgust.

End of Part 4