Chapter 1: Grandma's Will

Rose stand at her Grandmother's grave stone that is between her Grandfather and mother. Tears flow down her cheek because reality had final set in that the last person she cared about was with God and the Angels up in Heaven.  She turn and made her way back to the car her Grandparents had put together to buy her and made her way to the lawyers office to hear her Grandmother's final words.

Sitting in the lawyer's office, Rose took time to look around at and admire how his office looked. A few seconds later the lawyer walked in, hello Ms. Appleton how are you feeling? I am sorry about your lost, Ophelia was a good woman with a compassionate soul. Hearing those words Rose smile but it did not reach her eyes. Thank you Mr. but she pause her words when she did not know his name. Dalton, Evan Dalton he smile, so let me read your Grandmother last will and testament, unfortunately you Grandparents was in serious  debt with bad people so they could not leave you anything. Therefore the house and any other possession your Grandparents own has to be sold to pay it off.

Rose was numb, she could not believe what she was hearing, her Grandparents was in debt. she tilted her head to the side and ask, who did they owe if you don't mind me asking, I will like to pay them a visit and probably make them a deal. Absolutely not Ms. Appleton,  Mr. Dalton said shaking his head, the last thing in this will from you Grandmother is that you do not go around these people, your Grandfather was the cause of the debt, also when he made the deal that everything he had will belong to them after him and his wife death, he made sure they did not know you existed because the consequences would be horrible.

Looking at the man in front of her she huffed her breathe and got up, thank you Mr. Dalton I will do what my Grandmother would have wanted and send it to you to take care of. Have a nice day she said turning around but was stop when the lawyer told her to wait as he goes through his file cabinet and pulled out a letter that contains a personal letter for her eyes only. Rose walk back to him and grab the letter then turned around and headed put.

As she got to the lobby she watch as a man accidently ran into another telling him to move bastard and asking if he was blind. She looked at the man ask took a deep breath then walk up to the man. She bend down and help him pick up his papers, don't mind him I would like to think people like him got his cheerios pissed in for breakfast, she said while handing it to him.

The man stood there shock and when Rose look at him she touch her face, is there something on my face or was it something I said she rush out. The man who was opening and closing his mouth smile and said no it's just that nobody has ever spoken or help me out before, I have never seen such kindness from no one before. Rose smile and said there are good people and bad in the world and I would like to be the good category, then she walked away while the man watched her leave.

When Rose got home she sat in her bed for the last time, she could not believe that the home she grew up in had to be sold to cover her Grandfather's debt. If mom was here she would be cussing Grandpa out, probably even dig up his grave to beat him up, tears well up in her eyes as she thought about her mother but she was happy that her suffering was over. Rose position herself in a comfortable position and reach for the letter her Grandmother left her, It read:

Dear My Rose,

I know you are in so much grief because if you're reading this letter I have past on to be with the Lord and see my husband and daughter but you have to be strong. I wrote this letter to say I am sorry to put you in this position but this had to be done, if we did not sell the house and everything we own then you would been the payment for our debt. Your Grandfather got into problems with the wrong people and his sins has fallen upon us, so this was our only option making sure the Russian mafia did not know you existed. We have been keeping a deep secret from you Rose, your father is alive and has been living in Italy but we could not tell you because he is not a good man. Your mother left him because he did love her, he just used and we could not bring ourselves to tell him that you existed, so please go and find him but first you have to pay off the debt and the lawyer will give you a file from there you will have further instructions.

Love Grandma

xoxo  or whatever you kids say these days

Rose mouth was drop open reading the letter in her hands, she could not believe this her family lie to her about her dad dying in a car accident. She fell on her bed frozen because she was trying to decipher if everything they said to her was a lie and the Russian mafia, who can she trust knowing that they practically run this state from what she heard. 

Getting up she made her way to the shower because se knew that this was going to be a long day with her selling the house along with the car and everything else. All the savings excluding the money she made while she was working had to go to paying off the debt. After a long day she went to pack her things then check into a hotel before going to the lawyer.

Reaching the lawyer's office she had made her way inside after knocking, hello Mr. Dalton I have the papers and money therefore the debt could be paid off in full with the income. Mr. Dalton smile and accepted it. He made sure to look over everything then handed a large orange envelope to him, Rose could not help but notice something was off with him today so she had to ask, is everything alright with you Mr. Dalton? He smile and told her he was fine and she should start making her way home so she can leave.

When she left Mr. Dalton got up and grab his belongings, he made his way to the park in lot where he was attempting to unlock his car when suddenly something knock him in the back of his head causing him to black out, his last thought was hoping that Rose followed her Grandmother's will because it's the only thing that will lead her to safety.