Chapter Four

I decided to go into school again the next day, there was nothing better to do. Just as I was about to walk out of my room, I remembered Jack's hoodie. I walked back over to my closet as I began rummaging through looking for it. I finally found it and the bottom of my closet, crumpled into a ball. I shook it out, getting the dust off before holding it out in front of me. I looked it up and down a few times. So many memories flashed before my eyes. I smiled as I remembered exactly how he gave it to me. We were at a party one time just when we started dating and as we walked home it began to snow and he took it off without even me asking and wrapped it around my shoulders.

He never got it back after that but I don't think he cared. I used to sleep in it sometimes when Jack went on vacation, but eventually I just stopped wearing it completely. I walked over to my desk picking up Paco Rabanne Lady Million, it was Jack's favourite perfume that I wore, or it used to be anyways.

I sprayed it onto the hoodie a few times before placing the bottle down again. I walked downstairs picking up my cigarettes from the counter as usual, receiving my compulsory disappointed glares from my parents before walking out the door.

I threw the hoodie in the passenger seat before taking the drivers seat. I put a cigarette in my mouth, before I began driving, tapping the end of it on the top of the opened window every now and again. I pulled up into the parking lot taking the first space I saw. I was planning on leaving Jack's hoodie in the car but I noticed him standing by himself on his phone over the other side of the parking lot leaning against his car. I smirked to myself as I got out of the car, grabbing the hoodie. He looked up as he saw me walking over. It wasn't an annoyed expression but it definitely wasn't a happy one either.

"Here you go" I said throwing it at him when I was a few inches away. "Thanks.." He said with a slightly sad expression. He frowned to himself slightly before sniffing the hoodie. "Did you spray this with Paco Rabanne?" He said almost smiling at me. "No it's probably just from the last time I wore it" I said shrugging.

"Well that's all I came over for so..." I said turning around on my heels. "You know that's a really bad habit" Jack said which made me turn around. "What is?" I asked him confused and he pointed to the cigarette in my hand. "Why do you care what I do?" I said he sighed loudly, running his hand down his neck. "Madison what happened to you?" He said in a serious tone. I was in shock, I never thought Jack would actually ask me that. "I grew up" I said taking a drag. "Am I not apart of that so you just decided to shut me out?" He said frowning slightly. "Don't take it personally babe, I shut everyone out" I said sarcastically before turning on my heels and walking away.

I strolled into Math later that day, smirking at Jack as I walked by him but he just looked down at his desk. "Now class, firstly we will correct your homework" Mrs Blakewood said at the top of the class. "Now Ms (y/l/n) what did you get for question 1?" She asked me. "Eh I didn't?" I replied. She sighed loudly, it was only the second day of school and she was already done with me. "What do you mean you didn't" She said. "I mean I didn't do it" I replied rolling my eyes.

"And why not?" She asked taken aback. I shrugged casually. "I don't know, didn't feel like it". She didn't say anymore, just moved on to another person for the answer. I found my self staring at Jack again, but was cut off by Mrs Blakewood. "Madison? what's the answer?" She asked me. "I already told you I didn't do it" I said in an irritated tone.

"Well if you we're listening you would have realised we had finished correcting the homework and are now onto other equation. Now tell me how to finish off the equation 12x=144" She said leaning her marker on the board waiting for my answer.

"I don't know" I shrugged. "Yes you do!" She said impatiently. "No I don't" I continued. This back and forth argument went on for a few seconds before Jack interrupted us. "The answers 12 Mrs" He answered before turning around to give me a glare. "Yes, thank you Mr Gilinsky" She said sighing turning around to the bored.

After class I walked up to Jack with my arms folding. "Could you be anymore of a kiss ass?" I asked in an annoyed tone. "Could you be anymore of a fake?" He replied which kind of hurt. "What's that suppose to mean?" I said following him as he walked out the door. "It means stop dumbing yourself down to impress people, it's not working" He said frowning at me. "Who says I'm dumbing down? Maybe I'm just dumb, ever thought about that?" I asked him.

"Just think about who you're trying to impress and ask yourself is it worth it" He said ignoring my question.

Before I could say anything, some guy came up to me wrapping his arms around my waist. "Hey beautiful" He said feeling me up everywhere which I didn't mind but it seemed to be infuriating Jack. "Hey, do I know you?" I said smiling at him. "No but do you want to?" He said biting his lip at me.I could Jack mentally murdering this guy right now. "Maybe" I said biting my lip back. "Cool then lets get out of here" He said taking my hand and lightly pulling me in the direction of the street. "I really don't think that you should go with him" Jack said frowning at me. "Well I don't really think it's any of your business anymore" I said smiling fakely before walking off.