Chapter Twelve

I pulled out of the kiss with a beaming smile plastered across my face. "What?" Jack asked with an equally vibrant grin. I shrugged looking down at the ground. "I don’t know, it just feels like old times" I admitted. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Jack asked raising an eyebrow at me. “A very good thing” I said before leaning back into the kiss. We must have been there for at least 20 minutes because I could hear the bell ring.

"Fuck, we’re going to be late, and for Math as well" I said getting up from the step quickly. “Come on!” I said taking Jacks hand as I dragged him through the halls. I barged through the door of our Math class, being greeted by a disapproving look from Mrs Blakewood."Glad you finally decided to join us" She said staring both of us down. “Sorry” We both said simultaneously as we walked to our separate seats. “Mr Gilinsky, I would hate to see your grades fall due to some outside influence..” She said glaring at me. “Sorry Mrs, it won’t happen again” Jack said back to her and she nodded.

I felt so bad that I couldn’t even concentrate in class. It was only the first day and I was already getting him in trouble. How was I going to live with the guilt if I brought him down with me? I walked out of the class purposely avoiding Jack. “Hey! Madison wait up" He called after me but I kept walking. He sprinted up and stood in front of me. "Hey what’s wrong?"He said looking at me confused. "I’m ruining your life" I said and he chuckled. “Don’t be so dramatic, we were less than 5 minutes late for Mrs Blakewoods’ class. I really wouldn’t take it to seriously” He said casually. “I may not be ruining your life now, but after a while I’m just going to bring you down with me” I admitted.

He smiled at me. “No matter how hard you try, you’re not getting rid of me, so you’re just going to have to get used to me” He said winking at me before walking off.“I’ll see you after school” He said as he strolled off.

I would have just left school at the end of the day without waiting for Jack, but he was ride home. So I didn’t really have a choice.  I waited by the curb of the parking lot waiting for Jack. For the first time in a long time. I actually felt insecure at the amount of stares I was getting from people. Before I didn’t care about anything so I didn’t care what people thought. But now Jack was relying on me to change which made me self- conscious of what everyone was thinking. "Hey" Jack said coming up from behind me.

"Hi" I said putting on a smile for him. "You ready to go?" Jack asked me and I nodded. We got in the car and drove in silence. I frowned as I noticed Jack was driving in the opposite direction to my house. “Jack?” I said and he mumbled a yes. “My house is back that way”I told him. "I know, we’re going back to my house" He told me. “Why?” I asked in a rushed tone. "Because, I’m still your Math tutor and we haven’t done Math in ages"He said smirking. I groaned. “We just went through an hour of Math this morning…” I said and he just laughed. “Even better, now you’re in the mind frame for it" He teased.

We pulled up to the all too familiar driveway. Jack got out of the car but I just sat there. He opened my door looking down at me. "You coming?" He asked and I nodded, before he helped me out. "What’s wrong? You seem a little on edge?" He asked as he wrapped his arm around me. "Nothing, it’s just weird being back here" I said as we got to the front door. 

Jack took my hand as he led me through the door. He brought me into his kitchen where his Mom was standing. Who I hadn’t seen in at least 6 months. "Hi Mrs Gilinsky" I half mumbled as she looked up from her newspaper. "Oh..Madison hi, haven’t seen you around here in a while, how have you been?" She asked me putting on a fake smile. “Good, how are you?” I asked and she said Fine.

"Madison you can go upstairs to my room, I’ll just get us some drinks and stuff" Jack said. I nodded before saying bye to his Mom. As I went up the stairs I heard his Mom whisper.“Jack, I can’t believe you brought that girl back here..” Was all I heard before I got to the top of the stairs.