Chapter Thirteen

I knew exactly where Jacks' room was so I made my way there, opening the door and flopping on the bed. I could take the kids at school resenting me because I knew Jack could ignore them. But I couldn't take his family hating me. I knew he couldn't do that and I definitely couldn't.

The only thing I could do was try and convince her I'm the girl I used to be. But before I could do that, I think I was going to have to convince myself.

"I got some food" Jack said as he walked in with a tray full of food and drinks. "Thank God, I'm starving" I groaned as he placed the tray on the desk. There was a awkward silence after that. I assumed I would have to be the one to address the elephant in the room.

"Your Mom hates me, doesn't she?" I asked looking down at the floor. "No she just- she just.." He began, struggling for words. "Hates me?" I continued half smiling at me. "She doesn't hate you, she's just hear things.." He said attempting to sugar coat it. "What kind of things?" I asked. "Just stupid stuff like that you do drugs and stuff" He said shrugging like it was a casual thing.

I sighed in disappointment. it's not like I haven't heard it before. It was just that I didn't like Jack saying it. It made me feel ashamed that that was the normal thing to hear about me. "Great, now I'm the town druggie" I said flopping down on the bed. Jack chuckled, "You're not the town druggie" He said flopping down beside me. "Yeah well you're Mom thinks I am and that's all I care about" I said turning to him. "Yeah well I think you're great and that's all you should care about" He said leaning in and kissing my lips gently.

I smiled in appreciation as our eyes locked. "Here" I said digging in to my pockets. "What?" He asked looking at me in confusion. "Here takes these" I said handing him my packet of cigarettes. "What do you want me to do with them?" He asked me and I shrugged. "I don't know, do whatever you want with them, throw them away, burn them, smoke them just get them away from me. I'm quitting for good" I said to him. He stared at them for a moment before putting them in his back pocket.

"I'm proud of you" He said kissing my cheek. "Thanks.." I said smiling back at him. "Okay we better start doing some math now, don't you think?" He suggested raising an eyebrow at me. "Ugh do we have to?" I groaned, not in the mood for math. "You know what my Mom loves? People who get good grades" He teased, smirking at me.

"Don't try and manipulate me" I said hitting him playfully. "Oh yeah? and what are you going to do about it?" He said wrapping his arms around me and pinning me down. "That depends what do you want me to do about it?" I asked him, biting down on my lip. "Hmm..I can think of a few things" He said leaning down and hovering his lips over mine. I got impatient and moved my head up so our lips met. I could feel Jack smirk from above me.

He leaned his body closer to mine as he intertwined our fingers. I leaned in to deepen the kiss but Jack leaned out. "We should probably get some work done" He said getting up. I rolled my eyes because I knew I was teasing me.