X

I was standing on the tip of Avengers Tower waiting for my uncle to take me to Asgard. I was so excited for today. Today marked the first day in over a decade that I would finally step foot in my homeland, I was finally going to be able to see where I'm from.

I looked down at the Fitbit on my wrist and rolled my eyes at the time. It was a little past noon.

Where the hell was he? I couldn't wait any longer.

I heard from my uncle on multiple occasions about how beautiful it was and I really wanted to witness it with my own eyes.

I sat down on the pavement at the edge of the tower and groaned. I looked around and there was still no sign of my uncle.

What was taking him so long?

I reached into my hoodie pocket and pulled out my phone. I played games to pass the time.

After what felt like forever, I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I turned around to see my uncle.

I put my phone away and quickly stood up.

"What took you so long?" I asked.

"I got distracted talking with the others. I didn't think you would actually be on time," He said as held his hand out to me.

"Crazy huh?" I replied as I took it. He chuckled before looking up at the sky.

"Heimdall, go ahead," He said.

Soon an array of lights formed above us and my uncle and I were being lifted off the ground and sucked into some type of portal. The portal was small and airtight. I looked around in awe at the beauty of the galaxy that surrounded me. About 5 seconds later, I felt ground beneath my feet. We were immediately greeted by a large man.

"Greetings my king, welcome back to Asgard," He spoke.

Uncle chuckled. "Heimdall, please I am no king," Uncle replied. "Not yet at least," The man responded.

His gaze soon landed on me. "I see you brought a guest with you," He said.

Uncle looked down at me and smiled as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Yes. I think you are well aware of who she is," Uncle said.

The man nodded and my uncle proceeded to walk down this rainbow road.

I followed diligently behind him. The road was quite long but we finally reached this palace which I'm assuming is where we're staying.

We were greeted by a lady and three men.

"Friends!" Uncle said as he gives each of them a hug.

"What took so long?" One of the men playfully replied.

I just stood there awkwardly with a smile on my face and watched as my uncle reconnected with his friends.

The woman was the first to notice me "Hello young one, my name is Sif," she introduced herself to me. She held a hand out for me to shake and I shook it.

"I'm Hela," I replied.

She looked at me with wide eyes after hearing my name. "Hela? Isn't that-" She started but stopped herself mid-sentence.

"Yes, she is," Uncle replied with a nod.

"Isn't that what? No, finish your sentence. What were you going to say?" I asked.

Sif remained silent.

I shook my head in disbelief. "All of you truly are the same," I muttered under my breath.