XIII

"All those times we spoke, you never once mentioned that she was back in Asgard," Loki said.

"I'm not sure what difference that would've made," Frigga responded.

Loki let out a slight chuckle as he got up from the floor and stood face to face with the hologram of his mother.

"You know, you're really no different than your husband. Did you really think keeping a daughter away from her father all these years was the right thing to do?" he asked.

Frigga was silent.

"I mean no one went against him, which could mean one of two things; they either were too afraid or actually agreed with what he was doing. Which one was it for you, mother?" He continued and still, there was silence.

"I guess it doesn't matter anymore," he said before returning to the floor. "That was going to be the last time I spoke to her anyway. She wants nothing to do with me," he continued with a shrug

"And who's fault is that, Loki?" Frigga asked.

"Certainly not I, if anything Odin is to blame for the situation that we are currently in. If he hadn't sent her off all those years ago, maybe I wouldn't be in a cell here today," He said.

Frigga sighed. "Is that why you went to Midgard? To look for her?" She asked.

"Partly. She has been the only consistent thought on my mind for the last decade," He said.

"Son, did you really think she would enjoy seeing you destroy the only home she's ever truly known?" Frigga asked. "Did you think that if you ever found her that she would just run to you with open arms?"

Loki was silent.

"She resents you and you only have yourself to blame for that," She said.

"Go," Loki mumbled softly. "I want to left alone," he continued.

"As you wish," she replied and soon she began to fade away, out of Loki's sight.

--------------------------------------------------------

Earth
1 week later...

"How was Asgard? You've never talked about its since you've gotten back," Ariana asked as she handed me a water bottle.

"Yeah, that's because I don't really want to talk about it," I replied.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, I met new people and learned new things about myself which is what I sought out to do so everything is fine," I said before sipping on my water bottle.

"I don't think that's all that happened. Something is bothering you. You've been avoiding Jace every chance that you get nowadays. It's like your guilty of something," She said.

I didn't respond.

"Talk to me, Hela," she pleaded but I still refused to respond.

"Girls breaks over! Get over here so I could pummel you!" Ariana's dad yelled from on the field.

Ariana rolled her eyes. "You pummel us? The score is only 3-2 so calm down, old man," she yelled back with a smile.

She turned back to me. "Are you gonna talk to me or keep pretending like nothing happened?" She asked.

"You heard the man. We gotta go," I quickly replied before putting my water down and heading back onto the field.

I wanted to forget about Asgard and just move on with my life here. I mean this is the only life that I've known and I don't want to jeopardize anything from it.

Ariana's dad passed me the soccer ball. "I'll let you guys start this time to keep things fair," he taunted.

"I'll be on defense!" Ariana yelled from the backfield. "Alright, let's start," her dad said and I immediately kicked the ball in between his legs. I quickly ran around him and continued up the field with the ball.

He caught up though and stole the ball away from me just before I attempted to kick it through the goal. He ran back down the field towards his goal and I chased behind him until I grew tired.

Ariana soon stepped up to him as he approached the goal she was defending but he went around her. She followed him and just as he was about to score again, Ariana slid in front of him and kicked the ball away, ultimately preventing him from scoring.

"Hey! I thought we agreed to no slide tackling," he said as he helped Ariana up from the ground.

"What can I say, desperate times call for desperate measures," she said before quickly pushing her father to the side, running to the ball, and passing it to me. I ran up the field and scored.

"No! That doesn't count, she was offsides," He said when he finally caught up to me.

"No, since when does that matter. The game is tied loser," Ariana said as she walked up to us.

Ariana's dad smiled. "If that's how you girls wanna play then so be it," he replied with a shrug.

"Actually, I'm tired. Let's head home," Ariana said as I went to fetch the ball from the net.

"What? Are you scared?" I heard her dad respond while Ariana screamed. I turned around to see she was now over his shoulder and they were heading for the car.

"Stop! Put me down!" Ariana yelled as she playfully hit her father's back. I couldn't help but smile. That was what I've been yearning for all these years. All I wanted was a strong relationship with my father and it sucks knowing that may never happen because of who he is.

"Why are you still standing there? Come on!" Ariana yelled, ripping me out of my thoughts.

"Coming!" I answered before grabbing the water bottles from the sidelines and running to the car.

"I want ice cream," I heard Ariana say when I entered the car.

"Losers don't get ice cream," her dad responded as he started the engine.

Ariana groaned before leaning over to me. "So, are you going to talk to me like friends are supposed to do or not?" she asked.

I sighed. "I'll tell you later," I whispered.