A New Welcome

Paris

        A long time of labor and blood sweat and tears; literally

        A long time of labor and blood sweat and tears; literally. I hear the first cry of my beautiful baby girl. I can't even explain how amazing it is to bring a life into the world. I give a big sigh of relief as the doctors tell me I have I 7 pound even-Hazel eyed-Sandyish brown curly haired-Healthy baby girl. When they place her in my arms . I feel like there's no one else in the word but me and her . She's perfect . I love her more than anything in the world and as I hear her cry and she grips my finger I silently vow to give her my all. Nothing will come before she will. I vow to be the best mother I can to her pure soul and raise her to become a respectable woman. She calms down and her hazel eyes stare into mine like she understood what I was thinking. I smile at that and whisper I love her as I come back to reality and realize I have tears streaming down my face and every single one of my family members here to witness this moment.

        I can't help but think about little Christian and Chris and how my sister is but I push that to the back of my mind as I bask in the presence of the little angel I have created. I never knew how amazing parenthood could be. I love it already. Yes, even with the crying and misbehavior. Nothing feels better than this moment to have my daughter in my arms and my boyfriend by side to witness it after all we've been through I reach down and kiss her little forehead and look up to Darnell who has tears in his eyes threatening to fall at any moment."Would you like to hold our daughter?" He gave me the most perfect grin and nodded.I hand her off and she stares at him and waves her little arm around. I look at him and his eyes light up with love and adoration but also fear and worry. We had this coversation earlier. 

*Flashback*

        It's scary babe. I'm going to witness my daughter being born. A being I created. I love her already but I can't help but worry if I'm going to be a great father. Is normal to have these feelings? I want to give her the world I just don't know how it will turn out. With no experience at all I hope I'm everything she needs in a father." He says as he rubs my tummy She kicked at the feeling of his palm running along my belly.

        "You'll be a great father Darnell. Don't doubt yourself its my first time having a child too! We will get through it. We'll make mistakes and wrong choices and have our differences in parenting but its a new experience. I'm not saying ill be a perfect parent there is no such thing but I will give her everything I have and thats good enough. I can't wait for her to get here."

        "Me either Paris." I smile at him and he smiles back with a dimpled grin I love so much. He leans over and kisses me and wraps his arms around me and we lay together until my water broke. I was scared as hell but knew this would be the best day of my life besides walking down the isle.

*Flashback Over*

Darnell