Living In This Place We Call Home (Falling Skies FanFic)

RESTARTING FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW!!!!

On every chapter there is a song, and a photo, sometimes only a photoXD!!

READ ON

        ---------------------------------------------

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Run. That's all that was on my mind at the time. Skitters were starting to surround me, I couldnt be captured. That's what I had promised Matt, Dad and Hal, and heck, pretty much the whole camp, around the time that all this shit happened.

Frantically looking around for a spot, or any thing really, to run and hide to, hell, even a weak spot inbetween the aliens closing in on me. 'Breathe Carter, Breathe' I thought to myself as I was slowly turning in my spot, still not giving up on looking for a semi-easy escape.

Finally giving up, but not yet surrendering to those 'Things' yet, but before I could register what was happening, I saw Ben coming through the sea of Skitters. "Ben!" I yelled excitedly. But his reaction wasnt the Ben I used to know. Ben lifted his gun to my head, and pulled the trigger-

---------------------------

"BEN!!!!!" I shot up out of my sleeping bag screaming. And that's when I noticed my pillow all damp and tears still shooting down my face and down my chest. Still crying and my figure violently shaking I feel my cot dip at one end. Rocking my petite figure back and forth slowly trying to calm myself down, I look up to see Hal. "Hi." I tried saying through my tears. Hal wrapped his arms around me protectively and said "I thought these dreams were stopping Carter." Hal mumbled. "They were.." I cried, not caring wether I woke up the whole camp in the process, and wiping tears of my face, all the while still crying.

"Were they about Ben again?" He asked causing me to nod in response. I just nodded and burried my head into my tall, brunette, brown-eyed, skitter-killer, big brother. Hal is three years older than me, so that makes him 17 years old. I looked up to him and he just kissed my fourhead and stood back up and started walking out of my tent. "W-Wait" I said, yet still crying, "Yah?" he asked. "Where are you going?" I asked curiously. "I have guard tonight with Karen". He said smiling when he mentioned Karen.

Karen is Hal's new girlfriend, and from all that i've heard from Hal's non-stop babble about her, it was 'love at first sight', but who knows if any love outside of family and friends exist.

"How did you hear me then!?" I started panic-ing, what if I attracted skitters to Mass 2's location?

"You were a pretty loud cryer, but I was close, don't worry bout it lil' sis!" He smirked and ruffled my hair before kissing the top of my head one more time and walked out, zipping the tent back up for me.

Laying back down, I calmed down my breathing and stared up at the 'ceiling' of the tent.

Ben. If you can somehow, unnaturally hear me.

I. Need. You. Benjamin. I miss you.

(SONG OF THE CHAPTER ON THE SIDE, ALSO THE REST OF CARTERS FAMILY, FROM RIGHT TO LEFT; TOM MASON, MATT MASON, BEN MASON, AND HAL MASON)