Chapter11

Carter's POV

"H-Hello?" I asked as I woke up to complete darkness. I heard someone breathing rapidly a few feet away from me, and they groaned in pain. "Who's there!?" I asked panic-ed, tears brimming my eyes, threatening to pour over. The person replied quickly, but I was surprised to hear Braden's voice say, "Carter? Is that you? It's me, Braden.".

"Oh my God, Braden! How did you end up here?" I questioned shakily. Braden sighed, and I could just imagine him running a hand through his silky hair nervously. "I went out to go do some shooting, Tector let me borrow some ammo this time, I got into town and heard someone -well, you - screaming for help, so I ran towards where I heard you. Before I could get a steady aim at the Skitter's head - you know, the one that was holding you - A skitter from behind me knocked my gun out of my hand and picked me up. I've never felt so useless in my whole life. Next thing I know, I woke up in here, hearing your voice."

"You didn't have to try to help me Braden..." I complained. "This was bound to happen to me anyways..Where the Hell are we?". But before Braden could respond, the door opened with a slam, letting little light in so I could somewhat see, and I saw a skitter coming towards us, causing me to back up to the wall, terrified.

'What is this? A waiting room?' I thought, trying to hide my fear..from the Skitters, Braden, and even myself. 'Stay strong, Carter. It's bound to happen that someone will save you. Stay strong.' I thought over and over to myself, and the Skitter forcibly picked up Braden then myself, setting us on the ground, and shoving us infront of it, and other skitters surrounding us, making it clear that there was no sign of escape.

The Red-Eyed Skitter kept it's eye...s....on me, not letting me out of it's sight. Damned Skitter. Damned. Damned. Damned. Damned Skitter.

I probably should have payed attention to the distance between the 'Waiting room' and the room where it all was going to happen. But I didn't. I was terrified

Braden looked at me with wide eyes - we both know what's going to happen. He's not stupid, and even though I had skipped school, I still knew it. We were going to get harnessed. In less than twenty-four hours, Hell maybe even less than an hour, maybe even half that.

Next thing I know, I blacked out, with Braden screaming my name. God, I black out a lot...

~'~'~'~'~'~

Waking up groggy, I lifted up my head and looked around, and attempted to rub the sleep out of my eyes, when I couldn't lift up my hands, I looked to my hands to see them restrained down. "Shit." I muttered, remembering all that has happened today. Tugging on my feet, I learned that they were restrained to, and they were tight on my ankle. "Braden!?" I asked worriedly. What If he was already harnessed!?". "Carter!? Carter are you okay?" I heard from my right. Situating my body, as it wasn't very comfortable, as my head was supposed to be face down, Braden was in the same position as I, struggling to get out of his restraints too.

"Braden! We gotta get out!" I yelled. He nodded frantically, a worried look on his face.

I was about to ask him something, when a Skitter walked over to him, holding his head down, forcing his head carefully through the 'head hole'. "W-What is it doing, Carter?" Braden asked, sounding like he was about to cry, throw up, and Crap his trousers at the same time. "C-Carter?!" He asked, demanding an answer.

That's when the thing came down the shoot, the skitter still had a 'caring' hold on his head. If that makes any sense.

"It's okay Braden. H-He's not doing anything..." I lousily lied through my teeth, but I knew that he could see through it. He took In a sharp breath as It slowly, torturingly slid onto his back. "C-Carter.." He said shakily. "I-I've always liked you, E-Ever since Ben was taken, I-I started noticing y-you. And-" But he was cut off by his own scream as the harness lifted it's 'head' up, and whipped down onto his neck area, silencing Braden.