Chapter14

Just got home from boating, I'm sore, and kind of out of it, but hey, I have 498 reads on this so far, and it makes me happy. Sad huh? Most have like... two thousand something and up:p but that's okay!

Carter's POV

Gasping, I sat up quickly, a little bit to quickly, mind you. Looking at my surroundings, I looked around hesitantly, scared of what will happen or I will mess up. I honestly don't know how long it's been since I was harnessed, only that it's been a long time, and I want to go home, no matter how much the Skitters take care of me. I've only been taken out of my 'trance' twice before. That was to talk to Braden and Ben, but they we're still being controlled.  

The only thing that my Master would want to have me be conscious, is to see something, or maybe give me a little free time I guess.

Ever since I've had my 'Free time' for the first time, I've noticed things different about myself and others. We're all stronger than normal kids should be, better hearing, and smell. It's unbelievable.

Soon learning that it was the latter, I turned through the unfamiliar halls for my 'Free time', as I might as well be unconscious for how foreign they are, I somehow made it outside in an alley to see every harnessed kid working, lifting up normally heavy pipes or wood, maybe even metal.

Sighing, I thought about everything and anything, because free time only meant that you we're able to think and speak on your own free will, even though your thoughts were still semi-controlled. I ran my hand through my knotted, filthy - kind of greasy - hair, but before I could let my master just take over me again I heard whispering that sounded familiar...But before I could get up, I heard the cock of a gun loading, and another familiar voice, this time yelling instead of whispering, "RICK!" then I felt the regular tingling in my spine, signaling that my free time had been cut short, and felt my legs start moving back behind some mech's, the last thing I remember is looking to the side to see Ben there too, and I'm not in control of myself.

Tom Mason's POV (first time! ooohh, and sorry, my writing might sound different in Tom's POVs)

Earlier this week, Hal stressed on how much he needed his whole family back, and went out to scout out the whole city, hoping to catch a glimpse at Ben and Carter. Successfully doing so, he came to this exact point me and Mike Thompson are now. The 'Base', or Harnessing Factory, is exactly where Hal saw Harnessed kids from around the area. Mike had decided to join me, seeing as his only son and family left may also be here.

"Mason, what's the plan?" Mike whispered shaking me out of my thoughts. "I say we wait it out and then we'll see wh-" But Mike interrupted me by gasping and looking over the barrier we we're crouching behind. "Mike...Mike are you okay?" I whispered. Mike didn't respond, so I followed his gaze out into the crowd of working harnessed kids to see him staring directly at Rick, and from there, I knew exactly what he was thinking.

 "Don't do it Mike, wait it out. Don't Mike." I warned. But he didn't listen ,causing me to load my gun just in case if anything happened, as he ran out screaming "RICK!" plowing through the crowd of kids, the kids not paying him any mind. I could hear Mike all the way from here;

"Rick! Rick, look at me, LISTEN TO ME RICK, it's me, Dad. Rick!" he tried conversing with his son, as a mech took aim at him.

"Shit.." I muttered, lifting up my gun aiming it at the Mech, pulling the trigger as it went straight to it's chest, barely helping anything. "MIKE! Take Rick and RUN, Hurry GO!!" I screamed.

-------LaterOn-------

"Mike, I could've lost you there!" I breathed heavily causing Mike to just chuckle at me, while we were walking into the High School 2nd Mass camped at. We had successfully brought home Rick, and an unconscious skitter that we somehow managed to bring back.

Still breathing heavily from our run away, I dragged the Skitter across the school on a homemade wooden-and-cloth-gurney all the way to Captain Weaver's office. "I brought you something." I said to Captain Weaver as soon as we were face to face. He turned to me looking skeptical but nodded as if to say 'Go on.'

Nodding back once, I turned around, dropping my firm grip on the rope I was dragging it with, and lifted the cloth off of the Skitter, causing everyone around me to gasp at the sight.

His eyes widened as he said, "Mason, I allowed you to go out to find your kids, not to bring home a Skitter. The only good Skitter, is a Dead Skitter."

"I know Captain, but I found it as a chance for Anne to...Observe it. Get a closer look at this race of theirs." I replied standing my ground and he did not sound happy. Sighing, he nodded, rubbing a hand over his face and waved me off, "Go take it to Anne."

------------

Sorry guys, this was kind of a boring chapter. I'll try to upload again tomorrow.

How about....

4 Votes and 3 Comments?