Chapter3

Hey guys! anyone reading this? by the way, i dont know how the invasion truly went, so I'm just guessing. Dont hate please

+continuing flash back of invasion+

Stumbling frantically onto our street, we break out into a run, tailing Hal carrying Matt and Ben next to me. Panting, I huddled closer to Ben as he protectively put his arm around me, as an older brother should in a time like this.The sky was clouding over with dirt and smoke, making it almost believable that it could be mistaken for night time, if it wasnt obvious on my watch that it was half past four. Looking back every once in a while to check if were being watched by whatever those things are, we stepped onto what was supposed to be our longtime home for almost 25 years going now, which was now identical looking as the rest of the street; half blown up houses, or just huge piles of ash.

My mouth dropped and a buryed my face into my brothers chest, and let my tears stain his shirt. "Wheres mom?" Ben didn't answer so I looked up to him (seeing as I was a short 5'5 compared to his and Hals towering 5'11 and 5'11 1/2) to see his eyes widen in fear, and that's when i noticed the bodies.

Bloody bodies of the neighborhood parents were strewn from on top of the houses, to the middle of the road. Frantically I was looking around frantically to find Mom and Dad and from the corner of my eye I saw Hal handing Matt over to Ben, and Ben covering Matt's eyes from the gory scene in front of us.

I walked up to Hal and Latched my arm onto his and whispered "Hal, where the Hell is Mom and Dad?" He shrugged and I looked back towards our "house", if you can call it that, and I saw hair, hair that looked identical to my mom's.

Hal looked at me worriedly and I pointed to a Dead Bloody Body laying across what used to be our lawn, and my dad crouched next to the body. "Dad!" I yelled and attempted to run toward him, but Hal easily grabbed both of my arms restraing me from going further, "Hal, LET GO!" I yelled at him.

"Carter," He started, but I cut him of by screaming for Ben to get Hal off of me, but he just calmly repeated my name, "Carter," and yet again, I didnt listen, "CARTER! You NEED to CALM DOWN, We dont know what we're up against yet, and I DO NOT  want to find out sooner than needed!"

+FF to 3 months after invasion+

 That dreaded day, my mom passed, and me and my family joined Mass 2, led by Captain Weaver and my dad as 2nd in Command. Still, I havent learned how to shoot, all I do is go on food run's with Ben, Hal, and Karen; driving the fourwheeler.

"Yo, Carter, Let's go!" Ben yelled into my tent. "Coming!" I yelled back, grabbing my emergency pocket knife and straightening out my worn out clothes, still the same thing i've worn since day 1, I know, gross.

Skipping out to greet the rest of the camp, besides Pope, he scares me, I felt unusually happy for the situation at hand. Letting it go, I catch up to Karen and jump onto her back, even though she was 5 inches shorter than me, she was about 50 times braver and stronger than me. "Hey Hey Kar!" I yelled in my Brothers girlfriends ear "Damn, Car, Yell any louder and skitters will be right on our track!" She joked, walking along and we headed to the fourwheelers and bikes to meet Hal and Ben.

(PICTURE OF KAREN ON THE SIDE!)