Chapter5

A white room. That's what I was in. Probably the cleanest thing i've seen in a long time. I didn't what to move a finger, just to keep this place white. There was pure white furniture, almost camoflauge with the walls, if it wasn't for the obvious silver lining all the furniture had. All of a sudden, a door opened and a lady walked in. "M-Mom?" I asked shocked. "Am I dead?" I thought outloud. Mom let out a chuckle and said, "No, Carter. This is half way. If you walk straight through that door," she pointed to the door she just walked through, ",then your with me." she smiled. I smiled back, but it soon faltered as I asked "Mom, does that mean you had a choice to come back?" and my eyebrows furrowed.

Sadly, Mom shook her head and said "My injuries were way to severe, I had no choice. Whereas, you can come with me. Or go back to Living in THAT place you guys call home." Mom pointed at a window, which I had just now noticed. But what I saw through the window was me. I looked horrible and Hal was crying, which is very rare. The last time I saw him cry was when I was 3 and he was 7. He had a Buzz Lightyear costume, but I decided I wanted it, and I stole it. I smiled at the memory and turned back to my mom. "What should I do, Mom? I don't want to risk my life, and possibly others, but I want to be back when Ben get's back - no, forget that. I NEED to be back when Ben get's back. He can't show up and find out I've been dead for 5 months!" I stressed.

"Do what you think is right, sweetie. But no matter what you choose, I'll always protect and watch over you...Matt...Hal...Daddy....even Ben. I love you Carter." She said, and gave me a kiss and a hug.

What am I supposed to do?

-------------------------------------------------

I woke up to a bright light sitting right above my face. I groaned from my sore muscles and my injured limbs, and immeadiatly I saw my family - minus matt, he was most likely at school - and Karen running towards the bed I was in and they started  bombarding me with questions along the lines of 'Are you okay!?' 'Oh My God, Car, I'm so sorry, we should have yelled louder!!!' 'Don't ever scare me like that again!' you get the picture right?

Yes. I chose to come back. I couldn't leave my family and just watch them die off.

I just smiled at my family and said "I love you guys. I missed you." and they all just looked at me confused.

Anne and Lourdes walked in and Anne said, "Okay! Everybody out!". Dad smiled at me, and patted Hal's back, pushing Hal and Karen out.

"Okay, Carter. How are you feeling?" Lourdes asked. "Like shit." I  mumbled

They laughed and just continued to check my injuries. Turns out I broke my Ankle, and my wrist. I personally expected worse, but all I know right now, is that wasn't worth dying for.

(PICTURE OF CARTER ON SIDE)