ID RECORDS....and others

Okay, so I thought I might give out some more characters and just details and history about them, so, umm....these are official, so I did'nt just make em up.

from sciencefiction.com

TOM MASON (PORTRAYED BY NOAH WYLE)

"After the invasion, I promised my wife that I would keep our children safe, adn that I'd fight to give them as normal a life as I could. I'm going to keep that promise. It's how I can honor Rebecca's memory, and it's what drives me to look towards the future - and to find ways to remind everyone of what holds us together, here and now. That's why I started asking other resistance fighters to write down their names and their personal histories - I decided it was important to create a sysetem of ID records, especially with so many families seperated and searching for each other. And in the last six months, I believe these testimonials have helped us stay connected to the lives we once had, even while we find new beginnings together. In my case, I was a history professor specializing in the American Revolution - the irony of which is not lost on me, as we confront an occupying force and re-define ourselves as a people. I've got got my oldest sone Hal, my daughter Carter, and my youngest son Matt with me;"

ANNE GLASS (PORTRAYED BY MOON BLOODGOOD)

"My name is Anne Yangsun Glass. I'm a pediatrician by training, but in the last six months I've become sort of a battlefield medic - dealing with everything from psychological distress to combat triage. There is always someone who needs my help, and frankly I'm grateful for that - because otherwise I'd be thinking about my son Sam and my husband Lee. I wasn't home with them when the attack happened, because I was working a double shift at the hospital that night. My work has kept me going since then. Being a doctor allows me to nurture the living, and that gives me hope for the future. My Uncle Scott and Aunt Kate keep asking me to let myself heal. But this is my way of healing - doing art therapy for the kids of the 2nd Mass, being a caregiver for others, supporting our new community, and finding moments of peace, and normalcy, and even happiness here. This is my family now."

CAPTAIN WEAVER (PORTRAYED BY WILL PATTON)

"Don't have much time for this, but information is the key to fighting back against these things. Gathering human intel is part of that information. So maybe something useful will come from these personal accounts that Professor Mason wants. Some memory of an alien weakness, or a pattern we've missed before. All I know is the aliens respond in overwhelming force, with the skitters controlling their robotic mechs, whenever we engage the enemy. Learned that the hard way, defending my neighborhood in Allston six months ago. We had National Guard training, combat experience from the Gulf - but we couldn't match their firepower. They breacherd our final protective line on Third Street, and a general retreat was called. When I got to my house my family was gone.

We will find a way to take revenge on the skitters. They're living creatres, so they've got to be vulnerable somehow."

HAL MASON (PORTRAYED BY DREW ROY)

"I'm only doing this message in a bottle thing cause my dad made me. I'm not saying it's a waste of time - I'm just saying there's things I'm better at than writing about whatever you want to call this stuff. Memories I guess. 'Things about me, by Hal Mason.' Not much to tell really. Im 16, I was a junior in high school and I lived in Somerville before the skitters came. Now I spend most days doing recon patrols and gathering food for the 2nd Mass. Turns out I'm pretty good at shooting a gun  and ducking for cover - guess all those hours of playing video games paid off. The only other upside is that I've met some pretty cool people here, weird as that sounds. We're like a fighting unit. We are a fighting unit. I'm proud to be part of it. And here's where I run out of things to say. If my brother Ben was here, I'd make him write this for me. He's good with this kind of stuff. Or he was. No, forget that - he is. And when we find Ben and get him back, he can fix my spellng and make all the words better."