Chapter 8 - Because You're My Wife

when Mimi was ten and below she had this hair(with lighter hair color):

-

-

-

-

I strode happily following the mister butler (I didn't know his name) with Gai tailing after us.

We finally stopped on the third floor, which exhaust me significantly, and mister butler took out a bunch of keys from his pocket.

Frowning, I was wondering, was it even necessary to lock the door in the first place? I mean they knew I was coming home, right?

"Allow me to bring these bags to master's bedroom, madam." Mister butler took two small bags from a corner of the room right after he opened the double doors to my so-called bedroom.

I honestly was feeling bothered by the way he called me. It made me sound like an old rich madam. 😑

"Wait, wasn't this my room? Why bring those to his?" I asked, trying to take the bags away but he refused to let me hold them.

I heaved dramatically and tried again but he still wouldn't give up the bags. It irritates me so I swapped my head towards Gai who was leaning against the door frame, watching us silently.

"Gai?"

"He'll bring it to my room."

"Why?" the moments I stepped into the room, I had to stay in there. The room was super spacious with light blue as the walls color and all of the furniture, from the beds to the doors inside was white.

The room had a cute study table and two big bookshelves beside it. The shelves were filled to the brim with books and from a glance I bet it had all of my favorites.

Though the room somehow lacked a computer and, life(?) I still liked it. It was like being in a place that truly belongs to me.

"Because you're my wife." He stated firmly, leaving me speechless.

It was the first time Gai had ever bluntly called me his wife (as far as I remember) so it managed to give me a blow in the head.

But as I glanced around the room again, I braced myself to deny him.

"Yes of course I am. But still, this was my room wasn't it? You let me stay here before so why not now?" I tried to reason with him as the mister butler slowly made his way out of the room.

He brought along my bags which made me groaned internally. God, that mister was too stubborn for his own good.

"It's different now." He said as he looked away from me.

"How is it even different?" I stepped closer to him, desiring him to talk properly by looking at me.

But he still refused to do so as he closed his eyes with his forehead visible with lines from his frown.

"You. You are different." Gai suddenly raised his head to face mine and he seriously almost shocked me to death with his red rimmed eyes.

"W-what? How am I any different? I-I mean it's true that I, uh... amnesiac? But that doesn't mean I'd change. I am still me." I was desperately trying to calm myself down when unexpectedly was forced to face his emotional breakdown.

He was not crying but he looked like he was about to cry. He really was a bipolar, I swore. And I couldn't be any more flustered seeing that emotional face of his.

Gai groaned in frustration as he grabbed my arms. His sudden exploit shook my heart and I swore it was about to jump out of my chest.

He tried to open his mouth but no words did come out as he only ended up sighing heavily. He slowly, very slowly, placed his head on my right shoulder.

We stayed quiet for a solid minute when he abruptly nodded his head that was still resting on me.

"Um... should I take that as a yes?"

"Hmnn."

"Then, I can have this room?" I was struggling not to jump in contentment when he replied with another nod.

He lifted his head and moved a few steps backwards, keeping a distant from me. His face was no longer perturbed and he was back to his usual calm self or I should say void of emotion.

"Stay here then. But if... if you change your mind, my room is at the end of the hallway. " He whispered, not looking into my eyes again and gradually stepped out of my room.

It was obvious that he was restraining himself (his veins on the forehead popped out), not to force me out.

His retreating figures truthfully look very pitiful and almost make me change my mind and follow him to his room but I knew better than that.

"Um, I don't need dinner."

I called after him again and he only nodded as he walked away. Seriously, the guilt was munching against my heart. But I couldn't do what he wanted me to.

No. At least not now.

Even though we were already married, I had no special feelings towards my so-called husband. He was a stranger until very recently when I regarded him as a friend.

Well maybe I had a tiny mini crush on Gai but it was puny, smaller than small. So my puny feelings for him wouldn't even convince me to corrupt myself by staying in the same room as a man.

I was still ten in mind and I bet he sometimes forgot that one fact when we were together. And that could put me in danger. 😧

After he left, I marched towards my bed and quickly limped my body on it. As much as I liked him away, I was also scared.

Being alone reminds me of my lost half. Staying alone reminds me that I was desperate and was losing my mind ever since I woke up to find that I was not me at the hospital.

Waking up to a stranger husband was not my ideal way of waking up at all but one way or another, Gai became one of my hopes for me to regain what I had lost.

He had half of my memories, at least that was what he claimed, and that was more than enough reason for me to live with him.

Yes. And I had to ignore this desperate needs to go back to grandpa for the sake of regaining my memories.

But was it, a correct choice on my part?

-

-

-

-

Please vote and comment for my love...😍