Chapter 21 - Gai's POV

(not edited)

-

-

It was late after midnight when Gai finally walked out of his personal library with a laptop in hand.

He frowned upon seeing the empty bed, but smiled as he noticed the curtains that was tightly shut behind his bed.

Walking there after putting away his laptop, Gai gently twisted the knob on the door to his son's bedroom.

And the sight of his wife and son sleeping there soundly greeted him, forcing an undescribable emotions to engulf his heart.

It was painful.

It was warm.

And Gai's wasn't sure how he should handle these emotions that seemed to hunt him these past few days.

Pain?

That was normal for him. He came to know pain long before he even met his wife, and he had learned how to suppress and ignore its existence entirely.

But warm?

He just couldn't get use to it. Not that one emotion, it was unfamiliar for him.

Yet meeting her, having her by his side, seeing his child with her, the warmth had accompanied him without fail.

Gai quietly walked to Alec's twin sized bed, stopping by his wife's side, and slowly crouched down to kneel there on the floor.

His black eyes eagerly took in the beautiful sight of his sleeping wife. And his fingers gently grazed her soft cheeks that seemed to glow translucently under the dimmed light of the bed's side lamp.

"Is it alright for me to be this happy?"

He whispered softly to himself, wanting to feel regret, wanting to feel guilty, but nothing other than the contented emotion ever graced his heart ever since he got to have her by his side.

"Having you here is something I'd never regret."

Gai quietly said, closing in to his wife, and place a soft kiss against her forehead.

-

-

-

-

*Behind theater : (after scene)

Author : You looked like a stalker of some sort, creeping in to your sleeping wife like that.🤭

Gai : ......isn't it your fault, creating me to be like this?

Author : ......so me as your mother is the one at fault, huh....🤧

Mimi : Don't worry, you did a good job growing him. 😇

Gai : *blush*