Chapter 28 - Our Son

Falling out of my favor was proven to be basically hell for him as Alec quickly grabbed my arm, he shook his cute little head and looked me in the eyes with this defeated look.

There were unshed tears threatening to burst out but he kept sniffing to hold them in.

"Tomorrow. I'll go tomorrow."

Alec hurriedly said, his shaking voice made me felt guilty for my sudden spurt of nonsense. I mean, my love for that little doll wouldn't be measured by how smart he was.

So I nodded, showing him what I thought as a beautiful smile to reassure him. Well at least he agreed to go though not today.

As Alec dove in for a hug, I wriggled my eyebrows at Gai that was sitting in front of us.

Heh...

See how Alec actually liked me more than that frosty father of his? *smug*

.

.

.

.

Alec was soundly sleeping on my laps as we were lazing around in the living room that afternoon.

We sat on the floor beside Gai's legs as that tall man was sitting on the sofa.

Gai actually had specially made sure to clear his schedule that day just to send his son off to school for the first time, though apparently he failed to convince Alec to go today.

So he had all day long to spend at home.

"Why did he never go to school before?"

I asked Gai, lowering my voice as I caressed Alec's fluffy hair on my laps.

"....Depression."

Hmmm?

Whaaa...?!

Depression?!

A young child like Alec?!

Suffered depression from this age?!

Staring at the small beautiful sleeping face on my laps, I suddenly felt my throat tightened.

My heart somewhat started beating erratically and my tongue went numb; not knowing how to react to this information.

I thought to myself that I need to seek for more details, but my body wouldn't do what I wanted to.

There should be at least a solid reason for why an obedient and sensible child like Alec to actually suffered from such illness. But I couldn't find myself wanting to know the exact reason.

I just, felt that, I wouldn't like what I'd come to know.

So we ended up in a deadly silence, as I just stared in a dazed, completely oblivious of the sharp gaze on me.

.

.

.

.

.

The next day, Alec woke me up real early, looking utterly excited as he dragged me to help him getting ready for school.

Jeez...just who was it that refused to go to school yesterday? 😅

After his bath with his father, I helped Alec putting on a white dress shirt and a cute black jumper with short pants. I even specifically choose a ribbon to complete his insanely cute appearance.

Looking at the brightly lit smile on his son's face, Gai could only shook his as he rolled his eyes(something he learned from me overtime).

After we finished dressing him up, Alec then excitedly urged me to get ready.

"Why should I?" I pointed to my face making the doll pouted slightly.

"Come on, mummy...send me off to class." He asked quietly, as if he was scared I might immediately refuse.,

Humming teasingly, I made a thinking motion, pretending to be oblivious of his expectant stare.

Alec looked up to me, his small hands holding on to mine in a tight grip. His beautiful bright eyes already glistened with tears.

"Hmmm...but you got to behave in school, okay?"

I decided to stop teasing him before Alec actually break out in tears this early in the morning.

Beaming from my response, Alec rattled his head excitedly.

.

.

.

.

How long had it been since we were frozen right in front of the school gate, with Alec refusing to move even an inch as he watched kids his age merrily walked in there.

Me and Gai could only stole glances at each other, as we both tried to coax him to go inside.
But seeing how pale he was, we didn't have the heart to force him.

He looked scared, completely different from how excited he was back at home less than an hour ago.

Knowing that the time was moving and we shouldn't waste anymore time standing there like a family of statue, and with how people were starting to notice us, I slowly crouched down in facing the little guy.

"Baby...come on, look at them, they're all going inside now. If you don't go in now, you're going to be late. Didn't want that to tarnish everyone's first impression about you right?"

"But mummy... there's...too many people..."

With upturned eyes, Alec tilted his head, literally, he was shooting arrows of love all over the place that I just couldn't take it anymore (😣), if not for the presence of that huge guy behind us.

"Aw baby...I know, mummy understands that...but just, just take a look at everyone. Look at how brave they are. It's really admirable for them to just happily walk in there, ignoring how many people we have here. And you know baby, mummy would be really proud if mummy's baby could be as brave."

Cuppings his cheeks, I made sure to bite my lips, making my eyes glistened with some unshed tears to make sure he knows that I was serious.

Well, he shouldn't know that I wouldn't mind even if he was the most cowardly kid in the whole world. 🤧

And I supposed that seeing my crocodile tears had dug the buried courage of my little doll, as he pursed his pink lips, eyes brimming with sudden determination.

"Mummy, I'm sorry. I promise, I promise I won't let mummy down."

He said firmly, pulling my face closer as he planted a kiss on my forehead, and with one last look, he slowly but surely marched forward towards his class.

And as I stood beside Gai, watching our son toddling with a newfound confidence, I suddenly wondered, was this how it feels like to see your child slowly grows?

-

-

-

-

-

I'm sorry everyone for not updating for so long...😣

I shouldn't give any excuses and seriously, I could only apologies for my tardiness...😭

But really, I tried...

And well, that's the newest update...

Vote, comment or follow if you like the story...😘😘😘