Chapter 22 - Meeting My Sister

It took me another three days before I finally got the address of my sister.

And Gai actually had the guts to show me that reluctant look as he dismissively gave me the okay to visit my sister.

That face really triggered the desire in me to just forever stay at my sister's place.

Maybe I should think of a plan to make Gai let me permanently move there. But first, I had to quickly pack my stuff into the cute white backpack I found in my walk-in closet.

As I happily skipped to the front door with the bag on my back, Gai walked up to me with Alec in his arm.(They both were really close)

"Mummy... you're coming back, right?" Alec asked coquettishly, making me melt in a puddle of his cuteness.

But...

Urk!

Did Alec noticed my evil intention? Well I couldn't really call it evil since I thought that I had every right to choose wherever it was that I wanted to stay at.

I was an adult after all. I didn't need anyone to act as my guardian anymore. 😤

The first time I tried to insist of me staying at my sister's, Gai just had to intimidate me and really, he succeeded.

But now, well, I was not that scared of him as much as I did before. And I thought that maybe, sooner or later, I would be able to convince him to let me go.

But well, let just take things slowly. For now, my priority was to meet Yuna and whatever it was that would happen next, hmmm, let just leave it to the future.

"Don't bother trying, even your sister won't let you stay for long."

Gai stated with so much confidence that I had to remind myself over and over again, that I hated violence. 🤬

Seriously, he had been getting on my nerves a lot lately.

I had been on edge just to guard myself from ruining that handsome face of his. Though uh, not that I think I could ever defeat him in terms of power seeing how he actually polished his martial arts skills every morning.

With my chicken like strength and chicken like courage, I'd be running for the hills just to avoid from being flick by him on the head. Darn him and his muscles.

"Well, I'll be back tomorrow."

"I thought this is supposed to be a short visit?" Gai said, clearly unsatisfied.

"Short visit means a night over. Long visit should be three or more nights over. We've talked about this already, can't I just go? You'll see my face first thing tomorrow morning, alright."

Seriously? Do I have to be like this everyday, talking and coaxing him just so that I could do stuff? I thought that ended once I turned eighteen???

"Alright. Mark your words."

Gai smirked, seeing me as I rolled my eyes and he proceed to put Alec down. The little doll then hurriedly run to hug me and forcing me to swear to come back quickly.

This two father and son were really similar when they acted all clingy like this. Well at least this little bun was cute, and that big bun? Uh...not quite so. 😑

.

.

.

.

It took me almost 45 minutes to arrive in front of the building of Yuna's apartment. And I had to wait for another five minutes just to listen to Harry who'd acted as my driver today, as he nagged on basically everything.

Somehow, Harry and me seemed to click quite a bit these days, and he was a lot more unrestrained with me as he would nag at me with any chance he got.

Well at least I felt less out of place with him acting like my grandpa does.

By the time I finally stood in front of Yuna's apartment's door and ringing the bell, I was already exhausted to boot.

Just to be there, I had to face one unnecessarily big bun, one cute little bun, and an old nagging grandpa. So much for letting me meet my own sister. 😵

"Oh my God, Mimi!"

Yuna opened the door, shrieking excitedly as she pulled me into a huge warm hug, making me grinned in respond.

I was feeling dissatisfied as my sister actually was gone at times when I needed her the most, but well, nevermind.

"Come on, let's get inside."

She lead me into the living room, presenting me with a huge cake placed on the coffee table. Seeing the cake, I could feel myself drooling and my blue eyes glistened.

"Haha...I prepared the cake as an apology. You know, since I was at fault for not seeing you sooner." Yuna laughed as I practically pounce on the cake, gesturing for her to quickly cut them for us to feast on.

She carefully cut the strawberry cake and put a large piece on the plate in front of me. Gosh. The first thing I did when meeting my 'long-lost' sister was actually eating some dessert. Not that I mind, hahaha~

By then, I had completely forgotten how she had practically ditch me for not visiting for all these days.

"So..."

Yuna watched me groveled into the cake, resting her head on her palms as she trailed off her words. Raising an eyebrow, I urged her to continue her sentence.

"Well, how've you been? Tho I can see you're well and kicking now."

"Mhmm...am good." I nodded reassuringly, not wanting her to worry about me.

"And how're you getting along with your husband?"

Gulping the cake that seemed to almost stuck in my throat from that question, I hesitantly put away the plate of cake and quickly fully focus on my sister.

"Well I've been waiting to ask you about him, you know."

-

-

-

-

-

Alright, finally reached 20 chapters...🤧

Please vote and comment meeehh...🤪