One-shot? Kiss without context (just an idea)

Steve turned around, his blunt fingernails pushing into his palms. He took a few steps away from Danny.

If he really did what he felt like he was about to do right now, this would be like a fucking rom-com.
Eh, he'd survived watching The Notebook, he would probably survive this too.

He whipped around, and before he knew it, he was standing right in front of his partner again. And before he could hesitate, before his brain could stop him, he did it.

He kissed him. Right on the mouth; cupping Danny's cheek with one slightly more relaxed - but still very tense - hand, pulling his chin up a little.

Danny was surprised, to say the least; but he didn't pull away immediately. He had instinctively raised his hands the moment the other man, who was quite a bit taller than Danny, had come so close, but now he relaxed into the kiss just a tiny bit, letting his hands sink a little.

When Steve pulled away after a second that felt like an eternity, neither of them knew what to say.

Finally, Danny weakly choked out, "How long have you been waiting to do this, huh?"

Steve tried to act casual, failing miserably as he couldn't contain a nervous laugh. "I dunno, years?"

"Good" Danny sighed, "because I've been waiting for you to do this for years."

And just like that, Steve switched back to Argument Mode. "Oh yeah, then why didn't you just do it, why couldn't you make the first move?" He actually sounded somewhat offended now.

Danny raised his hands again; this time to grab the goof's face. "Just shut up, will you? Please?" he begged before kissing his partner for what felt like at least two eternities.

_______________________________________
I dunno if this is any good but I had to get it out of my head and I'm tired and I want pizza