One-shot: lazy morning

When Danny opened his eyes, he was surprised to see Steve still in bed next to him. He glanced at the alarm clock. 7:23 AM.
"Steve? Hey, Steve." He nudged his boyfriend. "Shouldn't you be out, uh, running or swimming or something?"

Steve sleepily turned towards Danny, draping an arm over him. "Not today."

"Oh, yeah? Not today," Danny asked, "what's so special about today?"

"I'm feeling lazy today." Steve buried his face deeper into his pillow, pulling Danny closer.

"You sure you're alright?" Danny sounded genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, yeah... I just-" Steve turned his head and looked at Danny, "-I've been thinking about something." He paused, trying to figure out how to say what he wanted to say.
"Why don't you move in with me?"

Danny needed a few seconds to process what Steve had just proposed.
"...where did that come from?"

"Well," Steve explained, "you spend most of your free time here anyways, you bring the kids here, you've already moved half your closet into mine,..."

Danny interrupted him with a kiss. He climbed on top of Steve, straddling his hips. "Yes. Yes, Steve, I would like that. Besides," he started to kiss a trail down Steve's bare torso, "we'll have a lot... more time... for this."

He rested his head on Steve's stomach, using it as a pillow, and curled up in Steve's lap. "You know, I- I could just go back to sleep like this," he mumbled, playing with the strings on Steve's sweatpants.

Steve smiled down at him fondly. "You're a cat, Danno." He tangled his fingers in the blond locks.

"No, I'm not," Danny protested, "cats are evil." He yawned. "I just... like cuddles... and head rubs." Lazily, he sat back up, supporting himself by holding on to Steve's shoulders. "Especially when they come from you." Danny swooped down to give Steve a peck on the nose.

"For real though," Steve hummed, "I want you to move in with me. The kids can have their own rooms too; we'll be a family."

A family. Something Steve had always wanted, something he'd always been jealous of. And Danny knew that.

He rested his head on Steve's chest and pulled the covers over the two of them. "That sounds amazing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I'm pretty sure I've reached peak fluff with this one