Short: Retired (1)

"I never thought this day would come," Steve sighed as he and Danny left the governor's office.

"You mean you never thought we'd live to see this day," Danny corrected him, earning a laugh from his partner.

Well, ex-partner, actually. Today was the day they retired. Danny had been looking forward to this day for the last couple of months, especially after Steve had decided to retire on the same day so he could help Danny with Steve's.

"You didn't think we'd make it either." Steve put his hand on the shorter man's shoulder as they walked towards the car.

Danny shrugged. "Y'know, for a while I really didn't, but a man can dream and my dream is to open that damn restaurant with you."

After they got in the car, they just sat there for a few moments, realizing they already had no idea what to do next.

Suddenly, they both looked at each other and let out an awkward laugh.

"I should have known nothing would change. We're retired and I still can't drive my own car," Danny pointed out.

It was only now that Steve realized he he'd gotten into the driver's seat out of habit. He laughed, "Well, now that we don't have to get anywhere fast, I'll be driving a bit more carefully, so you can just sit back and relax."

"Yeah, sure, Steven. I'm just gonna... relax, kick my feet up, while you crash my car into a tree? I'm sorry but that's not happening. Where- where are we going anyway?"

Steve turned to look at his friend. "You know what? I could really go for some shrimp now."

The blond man just rolled his eyes.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Oh, nothing, just that we just retired and the next thing I know you wanna take me on a date. And I don't even get to choose where we're eating."

Steve gave him a puzzled look. "You just asked me where we were going, do you want me to decide or not?"

"It was just a simple question,"Danny nagged. "You could have said let's get some food and maybe asked me where I wanted to eat, that's all. Doesn't sound too hard, does it?"

Steve took a deep breath. "Alright, where do you wanna eat?"

"No, Steve, that doesn't count. You already made me hungry for some garlic shrimp. Now drive before I change my mind," Danny sighed.