One-shot: Can't take my eyes off of you

Danny sat on the kitchen counter, watching Steve make dinner. He was still trying to figure out if this was supposed to be a date. But whatever it was, he was just happy to spend some quality time with Steve. He felt like they'd gotten closer lately; maybe he still had a chance with the Super SEAL...

You're just too good to be true

He watched Steve like he was trying to memorize his every movement. The way his muscles moved beneath the loose-fitting shirt, the way he expertly handled all those knives, pans and pots, the way his ass looked in those jeans-

Can't take my eyes off of you

"You're staring." Steve said without turning around.

"I'm watching you cook, maybe I can learn something," Danny lied.

But Steve just shook his head, finally turning to look at Danny. "I could feel your eyes on my ass." He gave Danny a smirk that he didn't know how to interpret.

"Wow, we've got a real psychic in the house, ladies and gentlemen. Tell you what," he mocked, "I'll think of a number between 0 and 20 and you'll guess what it is."

"13," Steve answered without thinking.

Danny's mouth fell open.

"Your lucky number."

Steve obviously wasn't a psychic, but when it came to Danny, he might as well have been; he just knew him that well.

"Come over here, I want you to taste this," Steve said, holding up a spoon.

Danny virtually jumped off the counter, nearly knocking over the bottle of wine next to him. He took the spoon out of Steve's hand and gave his friend's cooking a try. The touch of their fingers sent tingles through Danny's arm and down his spine.

You'd be like heaven to touch

"Is it good?"

"It's amazing, what is that?" Danny was actually very impressed by Steve's cooking skills.

"Old family recipe." Steve winked. "Alright then, let's eat."

"Yeah," Danny agreed, "I'm starving."

After dinner, they decided to watch a movie. Danny didn't know which one though, since he wasn't really paying attention.

He was completely focused on Steve again; watching him had become his favorite hobby. Danny felt the strong urge to just throw himself at the man, hold on to him and never let go.

They had kind of cuddled before, he remembered. Years ago, when they were watching The Notebook with Cath and Gracie. But that was then, and this was now; things had changed. Well, Danny's feelings had changed, making him overthink every little touch, every look, every word.

He missed those times, when he could be close to Steve without being afraid he'd scare him away by getting too close.

I wanna hold you so much

Completely lost in thought, Danny didn't even notice he'd started quietly singing a song that was stuck in his head.

I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm the lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say-

Until Steve started to sing along:

Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you

Steve muted the TV. "Hang on a second, I can play this on my guitar, just let me get it." He looked genuinely excited as he got up and jogged out of the room.

Danny let out a long breath that he hadn't noticed he'd been holding in. That was not the reaction he would have expected. And though he wasn't sure where this was going, he knew it was going to be a good night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yayyy I made a thing inspired by another thing that has been stuck in my head for days

(In case you couldn't tell this was inspired by the song Can't Take My Eyes Off You and this amazing McDanno fan vid by kasa neko https://youtu.be/TYcWhS-ukog)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayyy I've been really productive lately and I'm writing a bunch of stuff that I'm just not releasing all at once so stay tuned for more stuff <3