One-shot: Soup

Danny groaned as he picked up his phone and dialed Steve's number. "Hey, Steve, it's me. I, uh, I think I should stay home today." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Gracie... was sick last week and now I've got a cold." He fell back into his pillows.

"If we don't catch a case today, I could send you all the paperwork you still gotta do," Steve joked.

Danny chuckled weakly. "I c- I could barely even focus on, uh, dialing your number; I almost called Rachel instead." He rolled his eyes, even though Steve couldn't see that.

"You know what," Steve suggested, "if nothing happens today, I could, you know, come over on my lunch break and, uh, bring you some chicken noodle soup."

"Sure, mom," Danny laughed, rolling his eyes again.

"I don't have to come over..." Steve tried to sound offended.

"Nonono, please do," Danny pleaded, "I'll probably still be in bed though, but, uh, you know where the key is. See you then."

"See you later, Danno." Steve hung up the phone.

"Don't call me that," Danny mumbled before falling back to sleep.

Danny woke up when his bedroom door was opened. "Hey Steve," he slurred, his face still half buried in the pillow.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Steve carefully sat down on Danny's bed, handing him a steaming bowl of soup.

"Much better now that you're here," Danny answered as he sat up, "with soup." He took the bowl out of Steve's hands. "You're my hero right now, my-... my fairy soup-mother."

Steve chuckled; Danny was completely out of it. "And I haven't even told you the good news yet."

Danny looked up from his bowl and tilted his head. "And what's that, Steven? You, uh, brought me a unicorn?"

"Not exactly." Steve shook his head, smiling fondly. "I'm done with my paperwork for today and, uh, since it's Friday I thought I could just... not go back to work. You haven't even gotten dressed yet and you skipped breakfast, you clearly need someone to take care of you."

Danny rolled his eyes; for the third time today. It didn't really help with his headache. "I'm not a baby, Steven. But-" He put a hand on Steve's arm, "-I appreciate it, so... thank you." He put on his puppy face and held out the empty soup bowl. "Will you make me more soup?"

Steve chuckled, shaking his head at how adorable Danny was. "Whatever you say, Danno."

While Steve was making more soup, Danny forced himself to get up and take a shower. When he came back to his room, wearing a super fuzzy bathrobe that Grace had given him last year, Steve was already sitting on his bed with another bowl of soup, leaning against the headboard.

"Scoot over, buddy." Danny sat down beside Steve, taking the soup with an appreciative smile.

Steve  lifted the covers, draping them over their legs. "Wanna watch TV later? I'll even let you choose what were watching." He smirked.

"Yeah," Danny sighed, resting his head against Steve's shoulder. "Later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've noticed that in my fics Danny is usually the on who gets hurt / sick (I guess I just love Steve's caring/protective side)...
But I'm planning on doing some hurt!Steve in the future so stay tuned!