Seventy-Six

One week had flown by faster than anyone expected. Harry now sat between Sirius and Remus behind Draco and Narcissa.
"Narcissa you have someone willing to give some evidence?" Fudge asked

"Yes sir. Theodore Nott."

Theo stood up and walked towards Fudge.

"Mr. Nott, have you seen anything to give any inclination that Lucius Malfoy has been active in the dark arts."

"Yes sir. I've seen the aftermath of Draco being under the cruicatus curse. My grandmother was a healer when you know who was in power see.  Narcissa brought Draco to her one day this summer." Theo took a breath. "He was shaking and babbling something like 'never again' I think it was. His right leg still trembles when he's scared."

"Draco can you confirm this?"

"Yes sir." Draco said weakly.

Sirius put his hand over Harry's wand arm.

"Is there anything else Mr. Nott?"

"Yes sir unfortunately Draco has brought his mother to my grandmother many times through the floo. She would be shaking bleeding babbling terrified. Begging Draco to make it stop." Theo said. "The last time was the day before we left for hogwarts. Narcissa well she was nearly reduced to the same incurable state as Frank Longbottom.  But luckily for her Draco knew where to go to get immediate help. Grandmother treated her for days. She would write to me with updates on Narcissa's state for Draco's peace."

Remus reached over Harry and grabbed Sirius' shoulder to keep him in his seat.

"You see Draco didn't want to come to school with his mother in that state. Draco is very protective of his mother. The only person to show him unwavering love."

"Narcissa?" Fudge looked at the woman whom had started to shake

Draco grabbed his mother's had. "Mother, it's alright you're okay. You're safe. I'm safe."

Narcissa took a deep breath and nodded to her son. "S-sorry Minister. Just thinking of it affects me still."

"Do you need a break?" Fudge asked

"No. No. I'm alright." Narcissa said but Harry doubted

"In any case I believe we have enough to make a decision. Auruors have been interviewing several people. Including the school board." Fudge said

Before then even arrived in the room Harry and Sirius could feel the dementors closing in.
Harry started to reach for Draco but Remus grabbed his wrist.
"Not until it's over." Remus whispered

"You can't have made a decision. We haven't got any evidence besides an elf and a teenage boy." Lucius looked lethal.

"An elf whom was speaking to his current master. And your behavior at our last hearing was enough for me to feel as though your wife and child are telling the truth. So law states that the abused spouse is to have all the affairs of their abuser. So Narcissa Black you know hold the fortune of the Malfoy family. You also hold the manor once it has been searched. Lucius you are sentenced to 10- life in Azkaban." Fudge demanded

Lucius froze up as the dementors came into the room.