The Fag Swag {16}

“I thought you were working,” Phil said, positioning himself in front of the door so that his mom wouldn’t see me.

                His mom glared at him. “No I’m not working tonight. I told you I wasn’t working tonight. Are you deaf?” She shoved him out of the way and her eyes landed on me. She glared at Phil.

                “So you think I’m working and you just invite people over to the house? Is that it Phillip?” she demanded furiously. “This is MY house! Not yours! You know you’re not allowed to have anyone over here! Or are you just disobeying me now? Is that it Phil?”

                Phil shook his head wildly. “I’m not disobeying you. Nick was just helping me with my homework,” he said, sounding confused again. He gestured at his homework on the floor.

                His mom glared and slapped him. The sound of it had me wincing. She shoved Phil and he stumbled back a little before catching his balance.

                “What happened to your arm?” she asked, glancing at the four cuts.

                “You fell when you got home last night. You tried to catch yourself on my arm,” Phil said, frowning to himself and glancing at the cuts curiously. I noticed that his mom did have really sharp looking nails. Ouch.

                She slapped him again, this time harder. “Don’t give me your fucking attitude Phil!” she snapped.

                Jeez. And I thought MY mom was crazy.

                “Sorry mom,” Phil said apologetically.

                “No! You’re not sorry! You’re never sorry! I spend all this money on you, I raise you, I do all this shit for you, and you disobey me. How stupid are you Phil? Can’t you ever do anything right?” she shrieked, grabbing him by his arm and digging her nails into his skin. I watched in horror, not sure what to do.

                Phil winced and got a guilty expression. “Sorry mom. I just wanted him to help me with my homework,” he said honestly.

                “No one needs to help you with anything Phillip. You’re a fucking idiot and you always will be. You’re too stupid for school. You know what? I bet you’ll drop out. You’re not going to do anything useful or successful with your life. Why? Because you’re a dumb piece of shit who can’t even obey his mother,” she screamed, releasing him and punching him in the chest.

                Phil winced again and rubbed his chest. “Sorry,” he repeated, slipping into his childlike mode.

                “You’re pathetic. Next time I catch you breaking my rules, I will break your fucking arm again Phillip,” his mom snarled before slamming his bedroom door.

                Phil came back over and sat across from me, frowning. “I thought she was at work,” he said with a shrug.

                “Are you okay?” I asked, panicked. Jeez! His mom had just fucking abused him!

                Phil gave me a confused look. “Duh. Why wouldn’t I be okay?”

                “Uh…your mom just hit you?”

                He glared at me. “She did it because I was bad. I’m not supposed to have people over my house. I knew that. What, your parents don’t punish you when you break their rules?” he asked defensively.