The Fag Swag {18}

Kenneth glanced over and his eyes landed on me. He grinned and walked over, leaning on the table. His eyes darted between our table and the one Phil was sitting at.

                “Hi Nick,” he greeted with a nod.

                “Hi Kenneth,” I mumbled nervously.

                He glanced at Shaw and raised an eyebrow. “Shaw,” he said flatly. Ah. So he did remember Shaw…

                “Don’t sound so excited to see me!” Shaw said sarcastically, smirking.

                “You know Nick, tomorrow’s Wednesday,” Kenneth said, ignoring Shaw.

                “Yea. And then comes Thursday and then Friday. Thanks for that, Rebecca Black,” Shaw said, rolling his eyes.

                But I could feel myself paling a little. My eyes shot to Phil, who was watching us curiously. I glanced back at Kenneth, hating the smug look in his eyes.

                Kenneth put his face close to mine, looking deeply into my eyes. “You know what you have to do if you want your little secret to stay a secret,” he breathed.

                “Kenneth, please. I don’t like you like that. I’m sorry. There’s nothing going on between me and Phil,” I said quietly. Why did he have to come along and ruin everything? Gah. Butthead.

                “Sure there’s not Nick. But then, you have nothing to worry about, right?” he asked smugly.

                “Hey, leave him alone.”

                We both turned to face a glaring Phil. Kenneth raised an eyebrow at him. “I’m just talking to Nick,” he said with a slight shrug.

                “Judging by his expression, I’d say Nick doesn’t want to talk to you,” Phil growled. “Now leave him alone before I kick your ass.”

                “I’m just talking to him,” Kenneth repeated calmly. He reached down and took my hand in his, grinning. “Right Nick?”

                I yanked my hand out of his grasp and shook my head. Come on Nick. Stand up to him right here, right now. In front of Phil. You can do it.

                “I’ll talk to you later Kenneth. No offense, but I’m kind of hanging out with Shaw right now,” I mumbled, barely audible to myself.

                Way to stick it to him, Nick.

                “What Nick means by that, is go the fuck away you creepy stalker,” Shaw said pleasantly.

                Kenneth snickered. “Shut up Shaw. I used to go to school with your boyfriend, by the way. Ask him about me. I’m sure he remembers me shoving him into a locker in the 4th grade. He always was a pussy,” he said smugly.

                I grabbed Shaw as he moved to hit Kenneth. “Shaw, stop,” I hissed, glancing over to make sure that we weren’t about to be kicked out. The last thing I wanted right now was a fight.

                “You shut the fuck up,” Shaw snarled viciously.

                Kenneth opened his mouth to say something. A hand clamped down on his shoulder roughly and he jumped in surprise.