Chapter 6: Meeting a Runaway

Authors note: Picture belongs to-http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Colin_Ford .
________________________________

This is the life. Being on the road was nice, just walking down freeways , or sometimes flying. So far haven't run into any monsters or demons, yet a few humans have gotten curious. Asking question such as where my parents are? And why was I walking alone? But before they got around to calling the authorities I was already gone. I was currently in Wyoming, and it is beautiful with it being spring time the open fields and sunny sky's, the smell of new life in the air makes it so Peaceful.
I lost track on how long I've been walking... maybe two three months tops. I feel so free. Like Chuck said I don't need to eat, but I get cravings, just random times I want to eat. I think it is just the old human in me. Like right now, I could die again for something sour.
I looked in the distance I could see a small town, and a gas station. Thank Chuck! I picked up my pace.
Entering the store I looked over the isles of junk food till I found some sour candy.

"I'm sorry kid you but that just isn't enough."

I looked over at the cashier who was taking to a boy about my age.

"Okay I'll just take the water then." He said.

"Your still a dollar short."

I walked over to the two. Seemed he was trying to buy a sandwich and a water bottle.

"Please I-" he tried to plead, but the cashier just shook his head.

"Sorry kid but the answer no. Now move on I have other customers"

The kid gave out a sad sigh, and walked out of the store.

"Now how can I help you young lady?" The cashed tuned to me.

I looked at the food that was left behind, and then looked at the direction the boy went.

"I'll take this," setting the candy on the counter, "and the sandwich and water."

"Okay that'll be $6.45"

I pulled off my backpack and dug out a twenty. After getting the change, and stuffing it and the candy into my bag. I grabbed the food and ran out the door after the boy.

"Hey!"

He turned around. I through the bottle at him. He stumbled to catch it in surprise.

"And the sandwich."

I handed it to him. He looked at me confusion written upon his face. Then down at his food.

"Thank you. You really din't have too" he took the sandwich.

"Don't worry about it... let's find somewhere to sit" I started to head to town, the boy following after.

We found a park bench not far off. I munched on my candy as the boy devoured the sandwich. I studied him, brown hair with sorta a bowl shaped hair cut atop of a round face. His eyes were a mix of greenish brown.And wore multiple plaid shirts that din't quit fit him. Along with a stuffed beaten up backpack.

"So got a name" I said breaking the silence

He looked up startle.

"What?"

"I said do you got a name, cause I can't keep calling you boy can I."