Chapter 10: I've got problems

The car ride was silent. Of course causing me to break it.

"I can't believe him."

"What?" Bobby asked giving me a side glance.

"I mean... how could he just take them without letting them say good bye. Ya I know the guys got problems but that is no excuse to act like an ass." I exclaimed crossing my arms.

"Okay first off stop swearing. Second yes what John did was uncalled for but he has his reasons their his kids."

"I know their 'his kids' but just because he lost a loved one does not mean he can do what ever he wants."

"Listen." Bobby's voice deepening a little. "John has been through a lot. You're just to young to understand." Oh come on. I am like what millions of years old. And I know exactly what he went through, and for the record I have been through worse yet I'm not acting like an ass.

I grumbled the rest of the way glaring out the window. By the time we got to the station my anger had subsided to annoyance. Walking into the station a women who by my guess was a younger Jody Mills greeted is. Well shorta.

"What the hell Bobby." Jody demanded looking at me.

While Bobby told Jody my story I just sorta spaced out observing the station with all the officers and staff.

"Rose?"

Looking back to the pair having my name being called "Yea?" I then noticed another person standing by them.

"This is Dr. Johnson he's a psychiatrist." Jody introduced the man.

"Hello Rose I'm going to be asking you a few questions if that is alright." He's voice was soft and mellowing. Guess he chose the right practice. After giving a nod he then lead me to a room that almost looked like those therapy rooms.

"Take a seat where ever." He said.

After getting comfortable I thought on how I was going to do this. I could lie but that would make this more difficult. I could not tell the full truth they would just try putting me in an asylum. Mmm best to stick closes to the truth.

"So Rose. Is it all right if I call you Rose?"

I shrugged "Yea and just ask me straight questions doc."

He giggled a little "Okay rose tell me where are your parents?"

"Dead" I deadpanned.

"Oh um.." I must have caught him off guard with my response. "How did they die?"

"Well dad died from a heart attack and mom from cancer I don't have any other living relatives if your wondering."

"Okay may I ask how you got here?"

"You mean like to the station or like my life story?"

"I suppose your life story as you put it. What ever parts you want to tell."

"Well... it all started with my brother. Mom and dad died so... it was just us."

"Did he ever hurt you?"dr J interrupted

"If you mean any sorta abuse no. But he got into some trouble so he had to go to some bad people."

"What type of bad people"

"Like daemons." I said that seemed to grab his attention.

"They wanted something he could not give himself so I went with them instead."
The docs eyes widened but before he could speak I continued. "He didn't sell me or anything I just chose to take his place but that was years ago. And besides... he's dead now too."

"How did your brother die?"

I shrugged "I don't know he's just dead. But any who." I continued. "The people who took me made my life hell... like literal hell. I mean I suppose the fighting was fun but-"

"Wait they made you fight" he looked upon my tiny figure.

"Hey they make cocks fight, they make dogs fight, what's to stop people from making children fight."

Dr Johnson Leaned back he seemed to be taking it all in ether he didn't believe me, or just could not comprehend how a 'child' could go through all that.

"But like I was saying the worse was solitary confined meant."

He's focus back on me.

"It was so boring. It was not until way later that I had at least someone to talk to."

"There was someone else?" He questioned.

"Ya he was pretty cool at first it was none stop complaining from him, but after a while we became friends"

"And what happened to you and your friend?"

"Well... there was a fire with lots of smoke somehow I got out."

"And every one else?"

"Dead."

After a few more questions later where he asked details of the story. Then some academic questions probably to judge my intelligence, which again I surprised him with how smart I was. Jody along with Bobby came to check on us. Dr Johnson said he was going to speak with them alone while I waited here. Naturally I used my super hearing to eves drop on the conversation.

"So what happened doc" I heard Bobby asked concernedly.

"Well she's smart like college level smart. And her story... that girls gone through hell."

"What do you mean..." Jody then asked.

"Well... a first I didn't want to believe her but all signs point toward the truth. She was in a child trafficking ring for Christ sakes. With every one she's know taken away from her."

It was silent for a wile. Everyone processing what was said.

"Are...are you sure?" Bobby asked quietly.

"Listen I never seen a patient with as much problems as her. I mean the kids smart she knows what happened. And I believe her. I think she still hiding stuff but... Jody have you found her on any files?"

"No it's like she never existed. I checked county, state, region, hell even the country, I'm still waiting for the globe search which could take a few weeks but it's like she just popped up out of now where." Judy sighed clearly exhausted.

Another moment of silence before Bobby spoke up "What now?"

"The best thing to do is have her in a safe, Familiar environment. That's why in my professional opinion Mr. Singer you should take Miss. Rose to stay with you for a wile" Dr Johnson stated.

"Why me?" Bobby questioned.

"She seemed comfortable around you it should not be for to long."

I didn't hear anything else till the door opened. Bobby standing in the frame.

"Well kid I guess you will be coming over with me."