Chapter 8: What Now?

He has been staring at me for a full five minute now. I knew he was studying me, trying to determine why I was here. I felt a little uncomfortable with his glare, Peering around the living room, I could see books stacked here and there. He really needed to organize or something, I mean I also had a lot of books once, and I never kept them this disorganized, give me a few hours an-.

"So... Rose was it?"a gruff voice interrupted my rain of thought

I focused back to Bobby.

"Yep that's my name." I exclaimed.

"Hn." He scuffed. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I find it odd that you just happen to come by Sam, and come with him all the way here, I mean where are you parents?"

I looked away, contemplating what to say next.

"Well, I don't have any parents. There gone now" true, I didn't ask Chuck, afraid of his answer, and after looking for a while I discovered that my entire line was just gone. My mom and dad, just din't exist. " I really got no one."

A look of pity barely shone upon his face.
"Don't you have any family friends or something?"

I laughed a little "that is what I asked Sam when I found him... but  no I mean besides Sam I got like two other friends, but one is kinda closed off, so not really a good friend. The other..."
I hanged my head. Lucifer...

Bobby sighed he rubbed his beard in thought.
"Okay fine you can stay here till Sam gets picked up, then I'm driving you to the station okay."

I looked up smiling "okay."

He's lips turned upward. "Better see how Sam's doing," he got up and headed to the kitchen.
"How's lunch coming along?"

I sat up following him into the kitchen. Sam was standing next to the stove stirrings the pot. I could smell cheese and noodles.

"Mac and cheese?" I asked.

Sam turned to me. "Ya one of the few things I know how to make."

Bobby sat at the table. "Better not be some odd concoction that Dean makes is it?"

"No, just regular, I don't know what you all like" he directed at me.

"I'm not to picky. Hey where are the dishes?"

Bobby looked up at me "second cabinet, too the right"

I nodded and set the table, then set down across from Bobby. Sam brought over the pot and dish us up. After eating and clean up. Bobby then told us to go out side and do something till he figured on what to do for dinner, I responded back at him that I could cook us something, which he responded with a short nod saying he would help, possibly to keep an eye on me. Once out side I looked to Sam on what we should do.

"Well... how about... catch?" He suggested.

As we started to play with a beat up old football Sam decided to start a conversation.

"So what are you going to do now? I heard Bobby talking about taking you to the station after I leave."

"Hn.. I guess he wants to see if I show up in the system, doubt it though."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... I was never registered... any where. In fact not a lot of people know I exist. Besides you and Bobby, and my one friend-ish person. No one really knows what I look like. We except a few people I bumped into on my travels."

"Where did you come from."

"You know I was wondering-"

"Not that" he cut me off holding the ball in his hands.

"I mean like before you were just wondering."

I looked down. Even if I told him the truth, he would think I'm lying or possessed.

"A bad place. I don't want to talk about it." Changing the subject "tell me about your brother,what is he like?"
Sam took the hint, and started to talk about Dean. How awesome he was, how he was great at everything, and so on. Rolling my eyes at his praising, we continued to play catch. After a few hours of enjoying the outdoors, Bobby called us back in side to start making dinner. After looking around we finding some noodles, and cans of tomato sauce, spaghetti is was. As I watch the sauce boil, my mind wondered to how my dad cooking Alex and I this dish. I looked to my right at Bobby, whom was keeping an eye on the noodles. Notice my stare he asked "what?"

"Oh nothing," I focused back on the sauce, shrugging he said he was going to go set the table, Sam then took over the noodles. Once the noodles were cooked, we dishes up and stared to eat.

"So how did you two meet?" Bobby asked. Sam looking up from his food gave a pref summery of how we meet.

"Just like that... and you just brought her here."

A look of guilt passed over Sams face but before he responded I cut in.

"Well after Sam told me about his dad and stuff, I told him he should not be all alone, and should be with another family member or something. He suggested you so here we are."

"And you two never meet before?"

"No, I don't think so..." Sam said, then looking towards me, asking if we ever meet.

"Nope, never." I injected then went back to eating my food. After dinner I volunteered to clean up, while Bobby and Sam went upstairs to get the bedroom ready. I could here them a tinny bit, mostly Bobby asking if he really dint know me till yesterday, and if I could be trusted. Sam then responding, yes and that he thinks so. I shock my head Bobby suspicions as ever. Even while cleaning I noticed that my silverware was heavier then theirs. Silver. Man this guy was not taking any chances. What next?

Once done with cleaning I headed upstairs. Entering the room I found Sam and Bobby putting blankets and pillows on the floor. Noticing me Sam said.

"You can have the bed I'll sleep here." Motioning to the pile of stuff.

"No it's alright I don't mind sleeping on the floor." I probably won't even sleep tonight.

"Are you sure. I mean I coul-"

"No no it's okay."

"Well." Bobby said. " I'm going to bed, you two should got to sleep too." He then went off to his own room. After changing into some old clothes that Sam said I could use as pj's we both went to bed.
Staring up at the ceiling I thought about all that happened today. How I played with Sam, and made dinner with Bobby. It felt like... home.
Sams breathing became steady signifying that he was asleep. I waited a few more minutes before getting up, and heading down stairs. I looked around at all the books. If I wanted to understand this world more I need to do the research. Picking up a book I turned on the lamp, and stared to read.