Chapter 14: And so it Begings

Pic belongs to: https://supernatural-tv-series.fandom.com/wiki/Men_of_Letters%27_bunker
________________________________

"Okay can we go over the plan one more time?" Jess asked as she continued to pack away her things.

"It's simple really. I will bring you and your stuff to a hotel room, that is protected. I disguise myself as you. Pretend to die like you did, and Bada bing bada boom; everyone thinks your dead." I repeated. Going around the apartment placing igniter's for the fire.

"How exactly did I die?"

"Same way Sam's mom died. Bleeding on the ceiling, then igniting into flames."

"And you won't die or anything?" She questioned, placing the last bit of clothes in a suitcase.

"Na can bleed and stuff, but I won't die." I replied. I went over to a bag I brought in earlier grabbing the blonde wig and some makeup.

"What's that?"

"This-" I held up the objects. "Is my disguise."

She gave me a look. "Wait cant you like... just transform into me or something?"

"Um no. I'm not a shifter."

"A shifter?"

"Yea it's a monster that can make it self look like someone else, It sheds it skin like a snake, you'll read about it in the books I give you."

She nodded at that, she continued to pack as I went to the bathroom, putting on my Jess costume.

"Alright you ready." I asked stepping out of the bathroom.

"Yea I'm all...." she looked at me "wow you look almost like me. you could be my sister."

"Yea that's the point. With it being dark, and blood all over me, it should fool the boys, and with all the fire they will not suspect a body."

She nodded. Looking down "I feel uneasy about this."

I put a hand on her shoulder "I know I hate lying, there like my brothers, but knowing what is to come this is the best option."

With another nod she grabbed her bags. "Okay I'm ready."

"Good now just hold on to me." With that we left and reappeared in the hotel room. Jess stumbled a bit holding her stomach a little.
"Yea you'll feel a bit queasy, just sit for a bit."

She sat on the bed "why could we not have just drove?"

"Well... if any one saw you leave the apartment, right before the fire, they might think your alive. And I have no idea how many demons were on campus other then Bradly."

"Okay I'm just going to rest for a while." She said placing her luggage on the floor.

"Okay I'll be heading back to the dorm- oh here." I grabbed a makeshift journal. "It is basic hunting 101. Wrote it my self; funny how no other hunter actually wrote one before."

She gave me a smile taking the book, and with that I was gone.

I feel sick. I knew it would not be easily, but I feel like shit. Everything went according to plan, everyone thinks Jess is dead. Most of all Sam. Sam I don't think I will be able to get his pleas out of my head. The way he tried to scramble himself away from his brother just to save Jess, well me. Jess was his everything he once told me. How even though they were still in college, he planed on marrying her after graduation, picket fence and everything. So when he called to tell me of jesses death, I dint even have to fake sadness, no. The guilt of what I've done will haunt me forever.

"This is it." Jess asked as we stood in front of a old building.

"Yep." I said approaching the door.

She looked at me warily. "Is it safe."

"Don't let the outside fool you this is probably the most safest places on earth. Especially for what I did to the inside.

I opened the door. Had to call in a favor to get a key, but it was all worth it.
Stepping in was the bunker. Aka the 'men of letters' bunker. It was mostly the same from the show I tried to keep it original, but I updated the security system. And contribute some advanced technology, even for this time period.

"Wow."

I helped Jess with her bags as we went down the stairs, as she gazed at the bunker.

"How long has this been here?" She asked.

"About early 30's but it was vacant sense the late 50's. I've been renovating it for about six years now."

I brought her things to the library, setting them down.

"Here's the library, I already created a logging system, so if you need to find a book on a topic just uses-" I walked over to a computer on the side "- this computer here.- oh and over here-" I lead her to computer room. "- is the computer room it-"

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed, mouth agape. "This looks like an alien ship or something."

She would not be wrong the old computer room was full of gizmos and buttons, now it was a updated state of the art computer system. "Ya Well Before all this I was a tech geek, used to build software, and design programs, just had to relearn how to build a computer, and here you have it mid- 21st century top of the art computer system." The room itself had a big screen at the end with smaller screens on the sides, with in the middle was a 3D projected table, below was paneling, with all the systems. The was a ladder off to the side that lead down there.

"What does it all do?" She asked.

I smiled "Well one it is a security system, there's a metal door that closes that can lock people in here, from there the security cameras can monitor the entire building. If you go below there's secret passage ways throughout and out of the bunker. But that's only for emergencies. The main thing is its capabilities to run through the internet; picking up cases from the police data base, or odd occurrences in the U.S. then it analyzes them to see if they have anything to do with the supernatural. It also will be the home base of a web site I'm about to launch that should help other hunters figure out what there hunting."

She gave me a wide eyed stare. "Ooookay?"

"In hindsight it is a security system, a Supernatural taker, and a monster manual." I simplified.

She looked again at the room. "And this took you 6 years to build?"

"Well the monster manual yes, but everything else was about a half a year. But let me show you the rest of the place."