Chapter 23

"How about this one?' I ask Calvin, holding up the black corset, frilly thongs and suspender belt combo. I hold in next to my body, he tries to give me a convincing smile. I sigh and put it back on its rightful rail. I'm about ready to give up! Earlier this morning I received a phone call from Jordan, he told me that I had to find a "Costume for tonight". Its hard trying to find hooker clothes when you're with your boyfriend.

'We've got to pick one Calvin!' I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows at him. He rolls his eyes and carries on looking, trying to avert his gaze from me.

We're apparently in one of Romes few adult shops. There's only three rails with lingerie. I flick through the outfits, stopping at a Black lacy bra with floaty satin material dropping from the bottom. It is attached to matching black knickers and comes with a suspender belt. Its the most modest outfit here and it will cover my bump perfectly. I pick it up and walk to the makeshift changing room, pulling the brown dirty curtain across sharply.

I start to take of my clothes. This should go perfectly with the long navy coat I bought to wear whilst walking to the room. Jordan told me this morning that they have tracked down the same girl who comes each Wednesday night and paid her off, I will play her friend whose covering as she's "ill".

'Calvin' I shout. He walks over as I study myself in the mirror. Calvin pops his head through the curtain and leans again the wall.

'Wow' he looks me up and down, wide eyed. 'You look ... so sexy'

I look at him over my shoulder and give him a seductive look ' You think?'

'Oh, I know' He walk's over and puts his arms around me from behind.

I cock my head to the side and scan my body, noticing the bump at my belly. ' You don't think I look fat?' I say, running my hands over my stomach.

'Elle, your not fat your pregnant' He says whilst encasing my hands in his own. 'I don't think he'll notice the bump anyway, when you've got these on display' He gestures to my breasts, which no longer fit in any bras i own. I sigh and gaze into the mirror in admiration, at the little family we are forming.

'This one it is' I say pulling away from him and beginning to take the outfit off. 'Will you grab me some size 5 hooker boots please?' He sighs and leaves the changing room. I take begin to start putting my clothes back on and realize just how big my stomach has gotten, I can't get my jeans to fasten. I cant have grown in the space of 5 minutes! I end up leaving them undone and pull my top down to cover it, so i don't feel as conscious.

I flip open the curtain and walk toward the small desk where the cashier has been sat for the last 20 minutes. I put the small frilly set on the desk just as Calvin comes over and does the same, with the highest pointy black boots he could have found. Boxes of suspenders are hung on a small metal shelf at the side of the cashiers desk, I pick the back ones up and put them with the other items. The small tanned old man smiles at me and begins to slowly put them through the till and into a bag.

'I really wish you didn't have to do this' Calvin says softly next to me. I reach down to find his hand and give it a small squeeze.

'I know' I whisper, resting my head on his shoulder. ' But imagine your mums expression when she finds out she's going to be a grandma.' He squeezes my hand back.

'I know'

***

As we walk along a row of small picturesque shops, I begin to wonder what his mum will be like. Will she be kind and loving, so excited for her grandson to come along. Will she be like a mum to me? Give me advice, help look after the baby. That is the vision I have of her, but I keep having mixed thoughts about the whole situation. What she going to think? Will she see me as I am, or will she just think me to be in it for the money, like his last wife.

'How are we going to tell your mum?' I ask as we walk and in hand. 'Like do we just come out with it or should we wait a little? Because I was thinking, she's going to meet me for the first time whilst I'm dressed as a prostitute. When she finds out i'm carrying her grandson she'll have a fit'

I take a slurp of my drink and look up to see a smirk on his face.

'Well, maybe we should wait until she's settled in back home' He says with a slight chuckle

'I wonder if she'll like me' I add, squeezing his hand in excitement 'I can't wait Calvin, I've not had a mother since I was 8'

' I'm sure she'll love you' He says moving his hand from mine and placing it protectively around my shoulders.

'What makes you so sure?'

'Because I do' He adds softly before swiftly kissing the top of my head

***

After lunch, we head back to the hotel. Tonight is so big and I don't want to mess it up. My feet feel swollen, my back is hurting and i think I need a nap before we get started.

'I need to go to sleep' I say whilst sliding the key card in the door. 'Or maybe we could take a shower to wake me up' I say whilst pushing the door open. The light is on, Jordan and Simon are sat on the two dressing room chairs.

'Us again' Jordan says sarcastically.

'You need to stop doing that' I say whilst rolling my eyes and making my way over to the end of the bed. Sitting down gives me instant relief from the back ache. 'What do you want now?'

'Did you get something to wear?' I hand him the bag and he begins to root through it. 'And I wanted to go through the plans for tonight' He pulls out the lacey thongs and suspender belt, raising his eyebrows at it and then me.

'Go on then' I say snatching it off him, not being able to help the smrik that follows.

'Okay so Coco, the erm, usual hooker normally arrives at around 7pm' He says whilst examining the suspender box. 'That gives us two hours. Now i was going to take you up to where all the others are and we can talk you through everything and get you with the video camera.'

'So are we going now?' Calvin chimes in from the corner of the room.

'Yes' replies Simon. 'If you could just get ready Eleanor?'

'What? now?' I look around to Calvin for support. He doesn't look to pleased either.

'Well, erm yes' Simon stutters. 'Its just we have to get the camera on your, erm, costume' He gestures to the frilly thongs that I am holding.

'Fine' I sigh and gather all of my stuff and slump into the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and gaze into the mirror. I can hear a muffled argument happening outside but i'm so tired I decide to just ignore it.

Once changed I look into the mirror. The floaty design, does hide the bump- Calvin was right, and about the breasts. Wow. It takes me a good five minutes to get the boots on and zip them to the top, which is above my knee cap. I add some thick black eye liner and red lipstick, to perfect the look. I really do look like a prostitute.

I unlock the door after taking a deep sigh and open it slowly. Jordan sees me first and is eyes widen with shock. I instantly use my arms to cover myself.

'Calvin you are one lucky man' Jordan says whilst staring at me and slapping Simon on the back so he will turn around and see. He has the same reaction.

'Stop staring at my girlfriend' Calvin says fetching me the beige long-line coat that Jordan bought to complete the outfit.

Jordan and Simon head towards the door and gesture us to follow. I reach up to kiss Calvin, and we follow them out of the door.

'Remind me' I say to Calvin and we walk along the hotel corridor. 'To never tell out son about how we met'

****

Random follower shoutout - @SidneyMarie1129

Sorry for the wait,I hope it was worth it

Bell x