PROLOGUE

"Just six months" I told myself as I dragged my luggage into my new apartment.

The apartment wasn't a problem.It was nice, better than all places I had ever lived in. The problem was my Job. Personal assistant to my new boss, the only thing about whom I knew was that he was the most successful Asian business tycoon ever. I can't organize my own life, my life that's all about trying to survive the day, how was I supposed to manage his.

And this city, Seoul. The problem was this city too. The city I had been trying to visit for five years and meet the guy I loved but couldn't. Now I was here, against my will, to save the job I had left him for.

"How to avoid a guy I fucked with five years ago : Strategic plan"

#1 : Stay inside the apartment when not at work.

#2 : Stay inside the office when at work.

#3 : Never go outside without a really, really valid reason.

#4 : Buy almost everything online.

#5 : Never go to the market for groceries. Just order all the food.

# 6 : Wear hoodies and a mask at all times.

# 7 : In case you run into him, turn 180 degree and run as fast as your tiny legs can take you.

"You are not a plant. You can live six months without being in the sunlight"

I pinned the paper to the main door and stared at it for a few minutes. Just six months.

***

Next day I made sure to wear a hoodie and a mask. Given the cold weather of Seoul, it turned out to be a good decision. The apartment was at a walking distance from the mind blowing architectural spectacle, that was my going to be my work place for the next six months. Once inside, my apprehension escalated even more because I knew I would never fit in there. Not now, not today, not in six months or ever.

The women working there were drop dead gorgeous, with latest haircuts and expensive manicured nails. They wore branded clothes, bags and high heels. And here I was, looking like a trash bag already.

I took the elevator to the seventh floor and asked the receptionist about what to do.

"You have to be in your office that's just next to his and answer whenever he calls. Also, Boss is very punctual and hates people who aren't. Bad for you, you're three minutes late already"

Shit.

I grabbed my bag and made a run for it. I didn't even bother to catch my breath and went dashing inside his office. Behind the mahogany desk, a guy was seated in an office chair, facing the tall floor-to-ceiling glass wall. I could only see his jet black hair and side of his muscular arm.

"Good morning. I am your new per..." I tried to speak, without letting my collapsing lungs show.

"You are late, miss y/n" I heard his voice. A strangely familiar voice. A voice that had been haunting me every night for the past five years. But the tone was different. The tone was cold and deadly.

"Or should I call you... April?" He turned around in his chair and I had to hold the table for support.

"J-Jungkook?" was all I could utter. The guy I so desperately wanted to avoid was sitting right in front of me.

Suddenly I understood why I was here. I knew why the firm I had been working for, got sold and I was sent to Seoul from New York City by the new owner. The new owner was him. He had bought it and made sure I landed right in his lap. I knew why, but I didn't know how.

"Welcome to hell, April. And it's Sir for you."

He wanted revenge.