FOURTEEN

"I... uh... um... I..." I couldn't find the right words to explain the situation. I couldn't find words at all, to be honest.

"Aren't you too early for the day?" he asked in a groggy voice, rubbing his eyes. Damn I got a sexy boss, I sighed internally.

"I forgot my... uh... cellphone..." I tried.

"In my hair?"

"I'm sorry, I'll just go..." I sighed, externally this time.

"I told you walking isn't safe at this hour but you... you never listen to me" I could see a deep sadness in his black eyes, and his words meant more than what he was letting on. It was as if he was reprimanding me for more than just the present moment.

"I know" I sighed.

"I'll walk you home" He stood up, still holding my wrist, making me stand up too. The sudden change in position made me stumble a bit, but he held me, his arm encircling my waist. Our eyes locked for a moment and then he looked the other other way, faking a cough.

***

Outside the building it was really chilly, and the streets were pretty dark.

"Are you... adjusting well to the... city?" He asked,

I have adjusted to the city, but I guess I can never adjust to you. I thought bitterly.

"Yes it's fine" I replied.

"I think this winter is going to be extremely cold though, is your apartment warm enough?"

"Uh... i think so..."

"Why aren't you wearing gloves?" He suddenly noticed my hands.

"I... uh.."

He shook his head as if I was a child and he was disappointed at how I never learned anything, then he took both of my hands in his, blowing warm breath on them and rubbing them with his own. Please don't blush April, please, please...

"They are so cold, they'turned blue" He kept rubbing them, until he was satisfied with their temperature, he pulled me closer to his side and put one of my tiny hands into his huge pocket along with his, while the other he held in his own. Then he started walking as if nothing had happened.

"Are you..." I tried but didn't have the courage to ask it out loud. I guess I didn't have the right to, and that's what stopped me from speaking my mind, all the time.

Are you married? Please say no?

"What?" He asked softly, sparing me a brief glance.

"Why are you always at the office? Don't you ever go home?"

"I don't have a home. I sleep at the office, mostly at the desk, sometimes on the couch when I'm really tired"

I stopped walking, and looked at him. He had said that like it was a super normal thing.

"Why are you so hard on yourself?"

He bit his lip and looked to the other side.

"I have my reasons"

"What happened to that guy I met here in this city five years ago?"

"Someone broke him" he sighed.

So let that someone fix him again, please? Please just let me in, only once so I can pick up every piece, even if it hurts me, even if that makes me bleed, just let me pick up all those pieces and fix you. Give me just one chance, can't you be just that much generous?

"What if..."

"April, i'm not ready to talk about it... yet" he sensed it. He guessed it before I could say it. He wasn't going to give me that chance after all.

"But..."

"Let's talk about all of that some other day."

"Uh... okay. Come inside, I will make you some coffee?" I changed the topic as I noticed we were there.

He gave it a moment, and then shook his head,

"Some other time"

"Okay then, I'll go" 

"See you tomorrow, be on time"

"I'll try" 

I walked inside, turning around to look back at him occasionally. 

Maybe he was finally ready to give us a chance. Not right away but I could feel that he was opening up, his walls were breaking down and all I had to do was just wait for the day when he'd listen to me.

Someday he'd listen to me.

A/N:

So what do you guys think is happening next?

Should Jungkook forgive her?

And are you ready for the "twist?"

Please vote and comment! Your feedback and opinions are important to me!