TWO

"New Start" i nodded my head. I gotta live these 5 days like a free human being. No one knows what a failure I am here. So I am gonna be myself. I am gonna hold nothing back and do whatever I want no matter how dumb or childish that is"

I landed at the Incheon airport and took a bus to Seoul. There I checked in at a cheap hotel and dialed an agency to get me a travel guide.

"He'll meet you at 8 in the morning"

They told me.

I had a nice comfortable night and nothing except the dripping of a pipe bothered me. In the morning at eight I stood outside the hotel waiting for my travel guide when a teenager holding a camera approached me.

"Miss y/n?"

Whoa this kid was hot. And stood at least 10 inches above me.

"yes??"

"Hello I am your travel guide Jeon Jungkook" He gave me the cutest smile I had ever seen.

***

My mouth hung open for a while.

"But... but you... you're a kid!?"

"I turned 18 last week so technically am not a "kid". Also, I know as much as any 30 yr old does so I guess there should be any problem" He scratched the ground with his shoe, not amused with what I had said.

I remembered that I couldn't afford an expensive know-it-all expert anyway so I decided to just go with it. Any local would be okay as long as they can speak English.

"Yeah I guess it's okay. So where do we start?"

"Is there any place you would like to see miss y/n?"

I felt a shiver as he said my name, his beautiful, smooth voice seemed to add a meaning to it.

"Call me April"

"Aperear." he said with a small, shy smile.

I laughed so hard I practically snorted.

"It was a joke. Please don't mind.But that's what they think, April"

"I am not 'them' okay? But wow. Ape rear. Haha"

***

We walked around the city, he really knew quite a lot. I told him my budget was low and taxis were inconvinent but he didn't mind walking at all.

We went to the eye trick museum and had a lot of photos. Then he took me to a square where a statue stood. It was supposed to be some king who introduced the Korean characters. Walking around and joking around, we clicked so well a person on the side walk would have never thought of us as anything but best friends.

"How old are you?" he asked.

"20. Older than you and i don't date guys younger than me." I laughed.

"That's alright. I don't date girls shorter than 168 cm either" he snickered.

"I prefer short guys though"

"In that case you should hook up with my friend Jimin"

"Jim in what?"

"Pardon?"

"You said I should hook up with Jim, in... what?"

He roared with laughter.

"That's his name, Jimin, Not Jim"

"Hahaha okay now I get it. You guys have quite... Peculiar names"

"Not as peculiar as Ape-rear though"

"Hey!" I hit his arm playfully. Damn it, I already liked having him around so much. He would be definitely missed when I go back, I thought. However, I totally underestimated the extent to which I was going to miss him.

"Can I..."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Can I call you Noona?"

"What's that? Korean for ape rear?" I raised an eyebrow.

He laughed.

"No it's... basically 'older sister' ,"

"Wait a sec. I am no sister of any guy, specially a hot guy"

He blushed really hard and looked down, smiling shyly.

"It's more like... for a girl who's older than one, doesn't really have to be a sister..."

"Oh like aunt ape rear?"

"Nooo. Alright just... forget it okay?"

"Hey I was joking. Come on, call me noona, I like the feel of it. So Jungkook, what are your plans for future"

"Nothing."

"What? Why? You look like a really smart person, you should utilize your potentials"

"Everybody says that. That's why I left my home in Busan, because my parents always nagged at me for not having a "dream". I just can't find anything worth fighting for."

"So...?"

"So I just show tourists around when I am free, and do a little photography, it pays enough to afford a small rooftop room, my school and food. I don't need more than that anyway"

"Ah, I wish I was as talented as you are. I would go to a university, get a professional degree... become really rich and never worry about how to make both ends meet speaking of which I am hungry and I need to sit" I announced.

"Seeing how broke we both are, I guess we should just eat the street food. There are plenty of vendors..."

"Wait a sec, let's make something clear here, I am paying for the food, for both of us"

"No way, I am paying for mine"

"You are impossible" I shook my head. We had delicious tteokbokki, which was surprisingly cheap (we split the bill). He dropped me off at my hotel after that and I was so tired I only took off my shoes and jumped in the bed just like that.

"Good night Jeon Jungkook, see you tomorrow" I smiled and fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes.

A/N:

🔥🔥🔥 warning for the next chapter.

And sorry for this boring one but it was necessary to show how the main characters used to be (immature, carefree) five years before. You'll see how they changed in the coming chapters.

Also, what do think happened that changed Jungkook so much? Any guesses?