Empty

Part 7
Empty

after 2 weeks

Spitting the blood on the ground as she glares at the woman in front of her, its been two weeks already and she got caught from sneaking outside the camp. When Sergeant Rico founds out she's sneaking using the old tunnel, she then brought Zoe to detention and punish her as they ask her how she founds out the secret tunnel. Zoe grins  at her and told her to fuck herself, she will never tell them how she founds out and how she knows all the floor plan in this camp. She may appear dumb and stupid to others but they don't know that she loves reading riddles and discovers new things.

"I'm not as kind as the others Cadet Hanji "she growls "how did you know about the tunnels?"

"should you say please?"

"why would I say please to a low life like you? " she sneers "you cannot buy kindness from me Cadet Hanji, I don't care if your family owns half of the worlds business , you will tell me how on earth you know about the secret tunnel"

Her eyes turns serious and her lips form a line as she stares at the Sergeant, she admires her bravery but no one messes with her and for calling her brat and lowlife scum. You can call her bitch, hoe or anything and she will accept it with no sweat but calling her lowlife and brat is a no no to her, she never thinks of herself brat for she is not proud of being rich. Money is just a security blanket where people can use it all the time, to show anyone that they are above else than anyone and to let the society knows that you own them. Money to her brings emptiness in her heart, she got parents but they are not there for her and she got brothers who doesn't think she exist. For Zoe Hanji nothing is much important than to have someone who appreciates and who accepts you no matter what.

She was about to retort to this annoying woman when all she can see is a fist that hits straight to her face and all she see is light.

➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿

"Tch"

Levi place his things in his closet as he watch Mike standing outside his door grinning as if he is dying to tell him something funny or important. Slamming the door of his closet he then clean his hand with a sanitizer and walk outside his room, pointing his finger towards the mess hall he then start walking and wait for the giant to tell him something.

"its been two weeks since you left the camp" Mike started "you know how happy the trainees felt when they found out that you're not here?"

"by telling me this you are expecting me to fuck their lives after knowing" as they arrive inside the mess hall he then grab the tea pot and tea cups and walk towards his usual seat. Mike follows him as he sits across the table.

"well" Mike scratch his head as he look away for a minute "actually my cousin though-"

"she's still here?"

"yeah"

"what's wrong with her?"

"she was caught from sneaking out " he sighs " she will never learn, got a broken ribs and  she's sporting a blackeye after the interrogation "

Clenching his eyes as he keeps his anger knowing  that someone is hurting her, he then takes a deep breath as he pours a tea on his cup and listens to Mike. He was surprise for the sudden feeling of anger after hearing that she got hurt and the feeling of wanting to protect her is getting stronger. Zoe Hanji is not fit for being a soldier and she is not safe here once they graduate they will face enemies and things will not be good.

➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿

Zoe was watching him as he drive his car in the parking lot and grabs his duffle bag as he walks inside the building. He is wearing black shirt that hugs his muscles and a cargo pants that clung his hips, he was wearing sun glasses that made him look badass and yummy. His hair is getting longer as he tie his hair and still got his undercut, he looks more attractive. She miss him so much and its been two weeks he left the camp and went home. She wanted to talk to him and wanted to feel his kisses, his soft lips kissing her neck and shoulder , his huge hands kneading her soft breast and most of all his blue gray eyes staring at her as if he is sucking her soul.

"your prince charming has arrive " Nanaba  grins as she wrap her towel around her body as she gets out from the bathroom "I heard that he went home to visit his family"

"He is, but I just wonder if he has a lover"

"If he has a lover Zoe he will never pay attention to you"

"He did ignore me "

"Because you are too much for him darling " she smiles at her friend "give a guy some slack, set your pace with him"

Zoe nods as she watch the man who brought her world upside down walking inside the barracks and disapper in the shadow, tonight she wants to talk to him and wants to know if they got a chance of being together. He can't deny the attraction between them, she can almost taste it and  wants to know if he is willing to accept her.

➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿

Watching football with the guys and drink some beer made him relax a bit. A few hours earlier, he went straight to Rico to ask further about Hanji's incident and the woman is too scared of him to sugarcoat and tells him everything that he hated to know, apparently the woman is trying to sneak out again from the camp. When they caught her and brought her to interrogation room Hanji never say anything, it seems that her mouth is sealed and they started to hit her and punch her to make her yield but still no words coming out from her mouth.

He then clenches his beer can as he thought of her being in pain and one thing that Levi notice is that, as what the reports telling him, Hanji Zoe didn't show any evidence of being in pain. She maybe glares, growl or even laugh but she never show signs that she is being hurt. He then thought of what happen to her that might cause her to let go pain and just accepts them willingly. He must know about it and for that he can't bear seeing her in pain, so he must do it, he must not approve her endorsement and probably this is the way for him to spare her from the hell that they were about to face.

"Hanji Zoe should not be here anymore" he growls "she's not belong here to begin with-" he then watch Mike and Gelgar's  eyes widen as they look behind him, turning around he directly stares on those chocolate brown eyes of hers. Her face is stoic but her eyes tells him something, pain, unworthy and most of all empty. Fuck!