1.3 - Ye Wentian

Duan Wu remained silent and ignored what they were talking about until the meeting was over

The elders glanced at him from time to time as they couldn't connect his previous act with his current appearance.

The first elder however was just lamenting about his own son.

"That ice block, why can't he be like Xiao Jin?..." The first elder decide to not think about it and left the meeting room.

"Daddy, tell me about the royal family." Duan Wu tugged Wan Jia's sleeve once the people were gone.

"His majesty is second son of the previous emperor. He has two sons, Lei Bai and Lei Tian. His Majesty's older brother has one son named Lei Chen. You've heard of the rumours haven't you?" Wan Jia gently rubbed Duan Wu's head.

"Yes but what's the real reason he's called the Ghost Prince?" Duan Wu asked.

"Because it's his specialty, his cultivation is that high." Wan Jia answered.

"So why does everyone say he's ug- oh! The enemy nation right? Does His Majesty know?"

"Unfortunately no, otherwise His Majesty would never have ignored his elder brother." Wan Jia answered.

"Daddy, can I go outside to play?" Duan Wu asked before adding, "In the yard."

"Mm. Don't climb trees." Wan Jia warned before watching Wan Jin run out with a smile.

...

Ye Wentian touched his mask and hid behind a bush watching Duan Wu with confusion and curiosity.

"Maybe I'll find out if I talk to him?..." Ye Wentian muttered as he waited.

...

"Baobao, you're hiding something from me aren't you?" Duan Wu asked as he checked his surroundings.

[Host is really smart. The villain boss Ye Wentian is hiding behind the bush.] Baobao answered immediately. He felt he would have a bad ending if he avoided the question.

"Eh? Why?" Duan Wu asked, surprised.

[That's for host to find out.] Baobao said as he sent Duan Wu an image of Ye Wentian with and without his mask.

Duan Wu felt a familiar warm feeling but he ignored it. He paused before he realised it was something like familiarity or something similar. Maybe he saw him before.

Duan Wu thanked Baobao and curiously walked to the bush and peeked behind it to find a masked ten year old staring at him.

"You give me a weird feeling." Duan Wu said as he thought of the picture Baobao sent him.

Ye Wentian was shook when he heard what Duan Wu said. Maybe they had a connection.

"Why do you wear a mask?" Duan Wu asked despite knowing it.

Ye Wentian was the hidden twin brother of Lei Chen.

Ye Wentian didn't answer and stood up.

Duan Wu examined Ye Wentian's mask. It was pitch black like night.

"Since you don't want to answer that question, what's your name?" Duan Wu asked.

"Ye Wentian." Ye Wentian answered as he committed Duan Wu's facial features into his memory.

"Wan Jin!" Duan Wu beamed.

"Follow me." Ye Wentian spoke as he resisted the urge to hold Wan Jin's hand.

Duan Wu followed Ye Wentian as he follows him outside, eventually stepping into the streets; not knowing what Ye Wentian wanted to do.

"Demon child!" A man spoke with dread as he threw a stone at Ye Wentian who dodged and it grazed Duan Wu's cheek.