+eighteen

a small gift for your eyes; hyunjae looking like a freaking prince charming in the picture. the boyz is making a comeback this 3/4 so please support them 🍒

-

later that day, eunbi was brought to the trainee dorm located a few building away from the company. she would be sharing the same apartment unit of three rooms with other five trainees.

it was her first time meeting other sm trainees whom she would be living together under the same roof from now on, the nervousness seeping through every inch of her soul as seol knocked on the door of the apartment.

the door was opened a while later by a foreign-looking girl and she instantly welcomed them in upon recognising seol. while the girl left to call the rest of the house members out, eunbi learnt from seol that the foreign-looking girl was a trainee for half a year now, who goes by the name nicole.

their conversation was cut short when nicole returned to the living room with other four girls. seol introduced eunbi as the new members of the house before proceeding to tell eunbi about her new housemates.

the oldest one in the house was named hong woora, a trainee of five years in sm. shin jihyun and seo minjung were friends of same age and they were the second oldest, both of them had been training for three years. another girl was a japanese girl named morinaga yumi who trained for two years. last but not least, nicole was an american and the youngest out of them, a year younger than eunbi herself.

most of the talking was done by seol. the air was thick with awkwardness, and eunbi could see the judging look they threw at her. at that point, she had known that she wasn't exactly welcomed in the house.

seol left soon after that. eunbi just stood there, not knowing what to do as she fiddled with her fingers.

"a new kid again, huh?" woora broke the silence, scoffing. "what exactly sm wants to do with us if they keep bringing in new kids? do we train until we die or something?" she shook her head with a cynical smile, her eyes glancing at eunbi up and down before she left to her room, slamming the door behind her.

eunbi didn't know how to react. her hands were trembling from the tension, her eyes wavering in fear as she hung her head down.

this wasn't what she expected...

a sudden touch on her shoulder made eunbi looked up. it was yumi, who sent her an apologetic smile. "don't worry, eunbi-ssi. we're glad to have you here." she spoke, a hint of japanese accent still linger in her words.

"sorry for that, eunbi-ssi." minjung spoke guiltily, "woora unnie is just... sensitive these days. anyway, nice to meet you. let's be good friends in the future."

"me too, eunbi-ssi." jihyun simply added, her eyes forming crescents as she shot eunbi a kind smile.

eunbi was overwhelming with emotions, she found herself tearing up. she blinked away the tears, smiling. "thank you." she muttered, genuinely.

"eunbi unnie, you're gonna rooming with me so let me show you our room." nicole clung onto eunbi's arm, looking like a cute kid and eunbi let the girl drag her to their room.

-

few weeks later, eunbi found herself getting used to her trainee life. her training schedule was far different from the time when she trained under fantagio. it wasn't as packed as before; she only had a class in a day for approximately seven hours of learning. at least, it was less tiring than before. she still remembered having several different classes a day when she was still a fantagio trainee.