+twenty seven

"h-hyunjae."

eunbi's eyes were wide as she stared at hyunjae who stood there, watching her and eunwoo with glazing eyes. she could see hurt in them and guilt immediately washed all over her conscience.

she pulled away from eunwoo immediately and took a step towards hyunjae only for him to retreat away, keeping their distance.

"h-hyunjae, i— this is not what it seems to be." her voice quivered as guilt washed all over her. she cursed herself for falling into eunwoo again, and betraying hyunjae.

"then, what it is, eunbi?" hyunjae asked, his voice was void of emotion. his gaze was then placed on eunwoo who stood in silence, "you will never get over him, won't you? no matter what i did, i would never replace him in your heart."

eunbi hung her head down in shame, her tears now falling freely to her cheeks, the overwhelming feelings were too much for her to handle.

"i'm sorry, hyunjae. i'm so sorry."

hyunjae looked away and heaved a deep breathe, as if to calm himself. then, he turned to look at eunbi and smiled bitterly, "i guess, this is our goodbye. thank you for everything, lee eunbi."

eunbi lifted her head to see hyunjae had turned to walk away. she wanted to chase after hyunjae and beg for his forgiveness but she couldn't find any strength to do that. she betrayed him after everything he did to her, it would be selfish for her to ask him to forgive her.

she deserved to be hated by hyunjae.

after a few steps, hyunjae stopped and turned again. "hey cha eunwoo, i don't care who you are but, hurt her again and you will regret it."

eunwoo watched as hyunjae continued his steps and disappeared into the corner before he turned his attention to eunbi. seeing the girl cry was a painful sight for him and he wondered if she had actually moved on from him with hyunjae, but the fact that she kissed him back was something too, right?

"e-eunbi.." eunwoo reached out to eunbi in attempt to calm her down, but she dodged his touch as if he had some kind of virus. "don't, eunwoo. just don't." she muttered in between cries.

"i'm sorry... for whatever happened between you and that guy. but—" he sighed and looked at her straight into the eye, "i'm not sorry i kissed you."

"stop messing with my life, eunwoo!" eunbi snapped, "please.. i beg you; just stop coming back. you don't know how hard i tried to forget you. i was so closed to moving on with hyunjae's help and now, you ruined everything!" she cried out.

"i'm tired with all these..." her voice came out as a whisper, "i just want to forget everything and start anew... but you—" she couldn't continue her words. her mind was a mess and suddenly she felt drained.

eunwoo could only watch her break down. he wanted to comfort her but he was scared she would reject his touch like she did earlier. he saw the look in her eyes; a look of pain, exhaustion and desperation. he remembered how those eyes used to shine brightly and he missed how those eyes always looked at him lovingly.

where did it goes wrong with them? when did everything start to go wrong? how did they end up like this — hurt and scarred? when will the misery come to an end?

maybe they both needed a new start, to forget all the pain the situation had put them in. eunwoo finally drawn a conclusion in his head.

this was the right thing to do, he thought. her crying had ceased and she looked calmer than before. so eunwoo carefully took a step closer, narrowing the distance between them.

he held out his hand to her, "i'm lee dongmin." he spoke as she looked up to him in confusion.

"let's start anew, lee eunbi."