+thirty six

eunwoo stared at his phone — more like to the last message from eunbi — with mixed feeling. he didn't know if he should be sad, or happy, or both to the fact that they were really ending. it would be easier for him to finally move on; he was actually tired of chasing her love, knowing fully well that she didn't feel the same to him anymore. but at the same time, a part of him was hurting, wanting to hold onto her tightly so she wouldn't be able to leave his side.

"yah, what happened? are you okay?" jinjin was bewildered when a drop of tear fell onto the younger's cheek. when the latter didn't answer his question, jinjin decided to take matter into his own hand. he snatched the phone from eunwoo's grip, quickly scanning the text and his eyes widened when he finally learnt the issue.

"cha eunwoo, did you ignore eunbi the whole time? why??" jinjin shot a questioning look towards the younger.

"she already moved on from me. why couldn't i do the same?" eunwoo's voice was void of emotion. he cleared his throat and wiped the lone tear that escaped before standing up to leave.

"huh?" jinjin was beyond confused. "what do you mean she has moved on from you?"

eunwoo scoffed in disbelief. what? did the leader forget about the scandal already? "hyung, stop pretending like you don't know. she has a new boyfriend now. so why do i have to chase for her love anymore?"

"eunbi doesn't have boyfr— wait, are you talking about the scandal?" jinjin tilted his head in realisation.

"now you finally remember." eunwoo snickered and was about to exit the kitchen when a sudden force hit his head. turning around, he was met with a frustrated jinjin.

"are you stupid, cha eunwoo? don't you know the truth about the scandal?" jinjin sighed, rubbing the back of his neck annoyedly. " don't tell me that you don't even read the statement released by her company? don't the boys tell you anything about it?"

his anger was replaced with confusion as eunwoo watched jinjin ranted to himself. the leader was making quite a ruckus that not long after that, the rest of the members appeared at the kitchen.

"why? what happened?"

eunwoo shrugged confusedly, gesturing to jinjin who was dramatically hitting the fridge behind him in frustration.

"jinjin hyung, are you sick anywhere?" rocky asked skeptically.

jinjin stopped his action and turned to his members, "does anyone tell eunwoo the truth of eunbi's dating scandal?"

mj innocently shrugged, "i thought moonbin would do that since eunwoo is his roommate."

"me?" moonbin scratched his head, "i didn't, because i thought he had read the statement released by sm himself."

jinjin turned to the two youngest. rocky grinned sheepishly, "i didn't know that i should tell eunwoo hyung about this. plus, what bin hyung said." and sanha was mumbling when he said, "me too.. and eunwoo hyung is quite scary this week so.. "

"so... all this while, eunwoo didn't know that the supposedly eunbi's new boyfriend is taehwan hyung?" jinjin concluded, looking totally dumbfounded with his finding.

"what?" eunwoo couldn't believe his ears.

"really, hyung? you didn't know that the man in eunbi's nuna dating scandal is just taehwan hyung?" rocky laughed amusedly, "wahh, i see, love can really make you stupid."

"wait— is this real? hyung, you don't read the statement released by sm entertainment about the scandal? even our company has confirmed about this." sanha spoke as a matter of fact. "plus, eunbi nuna and taehwan hyung are so popular now, thanks to the scandal. they are the national sibling, don't you know about this?"

eunwoo was silent as he registered all the information he just heard. he had purposely avoided any articles about her since the dating scandal broke out. he put all his focus on his work and schedule, keeping to himself and living in his own bubble. he thought that she had really moved on, and he was determined to do that as well.

eunbi was right. he was stupid, and a jerk.

"hyung, i need to meet eunbi now!" before anyone could respond, eunwoo had already sprinted to the front door.

the members watched as eunwoo's figure disappeared behind the door. the situation was quite bewildering and totally unexpected for them, but it was amusing at least.

who knows the brain of the group was this dumb when it comes to love?