+thirty

two weeks later...

"i'm done." sanha announced as he finished tying up the last balloon, before releasing the helium-filled balloon into the air — it float and got stuck on the ceiling.

"good job, maknae." moonbin chimed as he focused on tying the thread securely on the wall. he finished it within seconds and climbed down the stairs that was being held steadily by rocky, and sighed with satisfaction as the happy birthday banner hung perfectly on the wall. turning to rocky, both of them share a high-five before turning to jinjin, mj and eunwoo who were arranging the food.

"all done?" jinjin asked after he lit the last candle on the cake and his members nodded. then, he glanced at his watch and a worried look flashed onto his face.

"where is that hyung?" he mumbled, turning to eunwoo. "you sure he knows the way here? why isn't he arrive yet?"

"i've send the location. and it isn't that hard to find this place. it is literally the only dance studio in this neighbourhood." eunwoo stated, also glancing at his wrist watch.

"want me to look for him—" rocky offered only to be interfered when the door suddenly opened.

"sorry, i'm late!"

a guy exclaimed, doubling over as he tried to catch his breathe. it was obvious he was running all the way to here. he was holding a big bouquet of roses in his hands. "i couldn't find any vacant parking spot around." he explained before he carefully examined the flower in his hands, looking for any damage and heaving a relieved sigh when he found none.

"it's okay, taehwan hyung." eunwoo smiled, tapping the older boy in his shoulder, "you come right on the time."

"now, we just need to wait for eunbi." mj said, "rocky, please turn off the light."

"alright!"

within seconds, the room was black dark as everyone waited patiently for the birthday girl to arrive.

"thank you for today, oppa."

eunbi thanked her manager before stepping out of the car. the car soon drove off, leaving her to stand alone in front of the dance studio at her old neighbourhood.

looking at this studio reminded her of so much memories, with astro and the runaway idol. she smiled a little before making her way inside.

with the help of the worker, eunbi managed to find the dance room the boys had reserved. before entering the room, she braced herself for whatever coming from inside.

of course, she had some hunch of whatever surprise they had planned for her birthday.

darkness greeted her when she opened the door but only for a second because the lamp suddenly lighted up and the loud sound of confetti blown catching her by surprise.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" a hormonious cheer sounded and she saw all members of astro were there. eunwoo was in the middle, holding cake in his hands and they sang her the clasic happy birthday song as they approached her.

"nuna, blow on the candles." sanha shouted excitedly and eunbi obeyed. a series of cheer erupted again when all the candles were blown out.

"lee eunbi, we have a present for you." eunwoo spoke up, looking at her straight into the eye. she smiled, her eyes shining with expectation.

eunwoo shared a glance with his group members before they suddenly stepped aside, revealing another male from behind them.

eunbi felt her body froze when the male slowly put down the bouquet he was holding and revealed his face. "happy birthday, lee eunbi." his voice quivered slightly and eunbi could see the nervousness in his eyes.

out of all presents, she didn't expect them to bring her brother.

"i—" she was at lost of words. her eyes welled up with tears and different kind of emotions rushed into her. she couldn't even bring herself to take the bouquet her brother was holding out to her.

"i'm sorry. i shouldn't have come to your birthday." taehwan muttered, looking down in regret. "the boys insisted me to come. i told them you hated me and it would ruin the surprise but they won't listen, so i—"

"the bouquet." she cut his words, wiping the tears that fell down to her cheek, "give me the bouquet."

"huh?" taehwan was taken aback with her sudden request but obliged it nonetheless. "i don't know weather you like roses or not so..."

"aren't you going to ask me how am i doing now?" she mumbled a question, looking down awkwardly, "that is, if you still care about me."

"i know that you have become an idol now. actually, i was there at your debut stage." taehwan admitted, rubbing the nape of his head, "i know you don't want me anywhere around you, but i can't help from looking out for my sister. i'm sorry."

eunbi's tears fell again after hearing his confession. astro members watched the two siblings in silence. eunwoo had his eyes on eunbi, feeling his heart break as she cried.

"i think i should leave." taehwan smiled bitterly, making his way towards the door, "you guys just continue without me."

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" eunbi exclaimed, stopping taehwan in his track.

"i'm sorry too. so, don't go!" she sniffed, wiping her tears and looking at her brother straight at the eyes — something she hadn't done for a very long time. "stay." she muttered, and taehwan almost couldn't believe his ear.

a genuine smile of happiness made its way to his lips and he nodded. eunwoo went to the older boy and slung his arm around him, "right, where do you think you are going? you are our present for eunbi, so you need to stay with her forever."

"alright, everyone!" jinjin broke the sad mood in the room, "sorry to interrupt, but moonbin's stomach has been growling nonstop so i think we need to eat now, or else we'll be eaten instead."

"hyung!" moonbin frowned in protest, making laughter erupted in the room.

as everyone shuffled to the table filled with food, eunbi glanced at eunwoo and smiled.

thank you, she thought.

eunwoo smiled back.

thank god, his plan was successful.