Chapter 3: On the Run

I am currently in Stuttgart. I have been slowly making my way south of Germany. I'm debating on whether I should leave Germany altogether though.

-6:00 p.m.

I lay on bed and think. What has my life come to? I'm running away from my closest friends because of a drinking problem. Let's hope they haven't called the police on me yet. I felt the need to do something other than worry about what they might do. I feel a wave of inspiration so I take my notebook out and start writing. The word that crosses my mind is escapism. What if I make a song about escapism? I start to write on the notebook.

___
Problems arise
My only escape, alcohol
Concerning many, I escape
Escapism
I swear I don't want to hurt you
It's just
Escapism
Don't be mad or sad
I didn't ask to be like this
___

I stop writing as I find myself to be a bit sad. I reread what I wrote and reflected on it.

Am I this person? Is alcohol really my escapism?

I sit upright and begin to think about my past actions. I shake my head once the thoughts grow worse. No time should be wasted on sulking. I contiue to write until I grew bored. There is nothing to do in the dreaded hotel I paid for. Watching television was not an option for me. I lost interest in that long ago. I go on my phone and open up instagram. It's been a while since I last used it. I look at my notifications and geez. Over 1,000 people have tagged me in pictures. Some have nothing to do with me. I just laugh and continue wasting time. I remember coming across a Richard and me picture were we were photoshopped to be kissing. I showed Richard, and he laughed. Rammstein's fans are certainly something.

I find myself getting a call from Flake. With my horrible luck, I accidentally answer instead of declining immediately.

"Till, come on. Please don't do this to us." I didn't know how to respond. I felt sad. I didn't want to hurt my friends but I have no choice.
"I'm sorry, Flake." I said before hanging up. I packed up my things and got ready to leave in the morning. I set an alarm to 5:00 a.m. so I could immediately leave upon waking up.
It's 9 p.m. at the moment and I feel like shit. I decide to sleep it off and deal with it in the morning.

-5:00 a.m.

I wake up to my phone buzzing and making all sorts of noises. Today is the day I leave this hotel. I grab my things and get going. I get another call from Flake. I debated on declining or answering it. I answered it out of sheer guilt. Little did I know, they had a plan up their sleeve.

"Hello?"

"Till, come back. We'll...we'll stop bothering you about the drinking problem if you come back." bargained a now desperate Flake.

"Sorry, Flake. I can't come back. I have my reasons." I say before hanging up.

Why am I like this? He offered to stop pestering me. Why am I so difficult?

I got ready and left the hotel. I smell my shirt and wow I really needed a change of clothes. I stop by the nearest clothes store and start looking for some decent clothes.

"Omg! Are you Till Lindemann?"

I turn to face the young woman and answered with a simple yes. She proceeded to take a picture with me. The individual then thanked me and left the store. I had no time to be wasting. I grab a plain black shirt, a dark green shirt, and a pair of black jeans. I paid for the items and left. My stomach growled. It had been a while since I last ate. I went to the nearest fast food joint and bought myself something. Some more people recognized me. I saw them taking pictures of me. Don't get me wrong, I love my fans, but now isn't the right time for pictures. Let's hope none of them post those pictures. Who am I kidding? Of course they'll post them. I have to leave Stuttgart now. I finish eating and throw out my trash accordingly. I check my phone, only to find about 100+ new notifications. I checked a picture, and it was taken literally 10 minutes ago. Within those 10 minutes, the picture spread like wildfire. Not just that picture but also the one with the girl I took earlier. I felt myself cringe as I saw the hashtags. One of them said Stuttgart.

Gee, thanks random lady! Now my friends will have an easier time tracking my ass down!

I called an uber and asked them to drop me off at the nearest gas station. I need to pack more things before I leave. At this point, I don't know how long I'll be gone. For the time being, Saarbrücken, here I come.

-

Song: Gustavo Cerati - Verbo Carne

-

Originally written: March 26, 2018

Rammvier Against OneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara