What happened / Epilogue

TILL'S POV

I open the door, and I immediately see Richard and Paul arguing over yogurt. Seems like a normal day for them.

"Uh, hi" I interrupt with a slight smile. Silence consumes the room as I stand there, awkwardly. The two men look at one another before looking back at me.

"TILL!" The two shout with joy as they eventually run to embrace me.

"You are so dead! How could you leave like that! I really missed you, okay?!" pouts Richard as he turns away from me. I can't help but smile at how childish he can be.

"I can't believe it's really you! You're finally back! What a miracle!" beams Paul with excitement. The same excitement a child has when he opens his Christmas present, only to see it has been what he had constantly asked for. Oliver comes into the room and drops whatever he's holding. A loud thud could be heard as the object hit the floor.

"Till!? You're back!" smiles the skinny bassist as he joins Paul in hugging me.

"Heh, I missed you too, guys." I say while grinning. Tears form in my eyes. It feels like forever since I last had a joyful moment like this. I hold my two friends tightly and laugh a bit.

"Um, Till. I'd like to get in the house too." Flake randomly adds in.

HOW COULD I FORGET! He has been standing there since the reunion I just had with my other friends.

"Oh, sorry about that, Flake." I blush in embarrassment. All of us laugh. It really feels nice to be back. I missed my friends.

"Ya know, this isn't the end of me yelling at you, right?" sassily says Richard with a hand on his hip.

"Ich weiß, Reesh." I respond with a monotone voice.

"Richard, no. He'll run off again if you do," jokes Paul as he bursts into laughter. Richard turns to Paul and looks at him with his eyebrows raised. His flat smile eventually transforms into a wide one as he laughs alongside Landers.

"Hey! Hey! Too soon, Paulchen." I exclaim with my eyebrows lowered. They all laugh as I grumble and make my way to the couch. It really feels nice to have others care about you this much. I never thought that I would be missed this much by people.

Thank you Flake, Richard, Paul, Oliver, and Christoph. You guys never gave up on me. It's time I do the same-for both myself and you, guys. I promise not to let myself get lost like that. It does not matter how bad I'm doing in life. I refuse to let myself get consumed by my thoughts.

I promise I'll be a better friend.

-

Epilogue

-

Till managed to get his things together. He signed up for a rehabilitation group and eventually quit drinking altogether. Constant reassuring messages from his close friends boosted his spirits and kept him determined on remaining clean the rest of his life, excluding special occasions like the shot of tequila before each Rammstein show. Flake helped guide him along the way to a healthy lifestyle. Constant earfuls from Flake and Richard kept him ib check. Everyone seems to be doing great once more too. Till is back to performing and is now working on a new Rammstein album, which will be released some time eventually. He felt bad for having to cancel certain appearances though. To make up for the loss the fans experienced, he refunded them and sent them a free Rammstein souvenir. All seems right in the world for the band members. Their future and careers look brighter than ever. It seems like nothing could stop the dynamic this band has had since the start. Together, they all work to better each other and better the lives of others. Rammstein has achieved what no other band has, and that is timeless and strong friendships.

-

Originally written: May 5, 2018